The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Gone for some vintage 1940's German design.
Walther PPK, spare magazine.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend the next week rest of my life sneaking around the house while listening to this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8KvYKn9-0

• Supporters

A Trijicon RM01 RMR. Was a bargain considering the RRP but I'm still feeling a little bit sick about the whole thing.

At this rate my Glock is going to end up being my most expensive airsoft item, fucked up.

*** edit ***

Just added it all up, had I bought all of it at RRP/new it'd have set me back £890. Now I actually do feel sick :-(

Just bought a pair of low-cap G36 mags from flea-bay for my first proper rifle....

• Supporters

Just bought a pair of low-cap G36 mags from flea-bay for my first proper rifle....

I almost went after them too... on the grounds that, when it comes to low/midcaps, you can never have too many, but I'm trying to stop buying airsoft stuff for the time being so i can get a graphics pad for me lappy.

100x75_product_media_BD6464(1).jpg100x75_product_media_M51613198-TAN(1).jp100x75_product_media_M51613198-TAN(1).jp100x75_product_media_M51617081-TAN(2).jp100x75_product_media_M51617112-TAN(1).jp100x75_product_media_M51617060-OD(1).jpg100x75_product_media_FBP0006(1).jpg

Desert Locust style goggles in mesh and normal, MP5 mag pouches in Coyote, Knee and elbow pads in coyote, mesh mask and Mp5 torch grip from Taiwangun.com

MK23-Gas-Pistol-with-Silencer-234x234.gi

HFC Mk23 Socom (blue 2 tone cos its £10 cheaper than the RIF version), 2 spare mags and some green gas from onlybbguns.com

Yes I know I will get a lecture from Ian about buying from somewhere with BB in the name but I bought my Well MP5SD there and therefore had a discount code :)

512WE-XCpEL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY115_SX115_.jp51dfJ068nnL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY115_SX115_.jp511KPv6E3iL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY115_SX115_.jp

Backpack, hydration bladder, vest, batteries for my sight, a radio and radio data cable from Amazon.

All of this came to less than £250 :)

• Supporters

Hey Russ, whatever you like, eh? If they've been good to you, go with 'em. I mean we have got to leave room in our opinions for the fact that businesses can change and, even though cynicism is usually the best policy when it comes to determining how people will behave in relation to making money, good customer service is a way to make more money by, as with your situation, generating return business.

Let us know how you get on with that Baofeng, eh?

My view of onlybbguns.com is that they do sell a lot of poor quality stuff aimed at kids who use them in their back gardens etc, They do have a few items they sell that are good enough for use in skirmishing. Unlike other similar web sites, they have video reviews of their guns, they are actually very useful as seeing someone handle something gives a better idea of quality than a carefully lit photo.

In this case I knew I wanted this particular gun and they had it £10 cheaper than anywhere else and I had a code for £5 off. If you watch a few of this guy's videos, you will realise that he's not usually this enthusiastic. He's also very good at telling you what a gun is capable of. My MP5SD for example he rated as a starter gun and it is quite capable for skirmishing but is a bit limited so he was spot on there.

I wanted the ASG or HFC Mk23 socom for 2 reasons, the silencer extends the inner barrel making it very accurate for a pistol and because it is Non Blowback it is almost silent. I know a few people who use these and they are excellent.

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a good pistol - few moving parts too, so unlikely to break easily. At the sale price of fifty notes I'm tempted: the USP frame fits very nicely in my hand. Let me know when you get yours if the slide is painted blue or blue plastic, if you wouldn't mind?

It is plastic (why would you need metal if it's non blowback?). It's a TM clone and the TM one was full plastic I believe. Unusually for a TM clone costing half the price, they actually improved the design with the inner barrel extension. It should take TM magazines.

Discount codes if u need em:

index_10.jpg

edit: oh you mean is it black plastic painted blue? I doubt it, the black ones are branded as ASG, the blue ones as HFC so its almost certainly blue plastic. I shall paint mine, possibly in khaki so it doesn't get mixed up with all the others at the courthouse :)

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a good pistol - few moving parts too, so unlikely to break easily. At the sale price of fifty notes I'm tempted: the USP frame fits very nicely in my hand. Let me know when you get yours if the slide is painted blue or blue plastic, if you wouldn't mind?

I got my ASG Mk23 from here http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/acatalog/ASG-Mk23-Assassin-203.html out of stock at the moment but at £49.99 the best price I found.

• Supporters

Thanks lads. Yeah, what I actually want is an Umarex KWA KP45 Match, but I'm not sure when, or if I'll be able to afford one. In the meantime I could do with a USP that isn't CO2, fires under 350FPS, but not so far under that the drop in range from my Palco will piss me off so much I'll wish I hadn't bothered. But maybe I should just try and save up...

Well its arrived and yep, plastic but such good quality it took a moment to be sure. The blue anodised look is actually very convincing and is kinda growing on me.

Just bought a tan shirt and a mtp hip pad from meanandgreen.com.

I'm very impressed with the hip pad. It genuine issued one so it's used but for £10 it fits really well and it's solid construction.

What's everyone think of the tan shirt? I'm getting bored of full Multicam so I thought tan would mix it up. I might get some tan trousers to go along with it.

post-8040-0-60099500-1387546059_thumb.jpg

post-8040-0-04447900-1387546089_thumb.jpg

post-8040-0-71399900-1387546115_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

^^Yeah, the shirt works well. Dunno about tan kecks as well though - a bit US Navy.

Would you do me a favour? Measure the inside of your new hip pad, please. It's possible I could use one as a back support instead of the black one I currently use, which would go nicely with the blufor loadout I'm building.

^^Yeah, the shirt works well. Dunno about tan kecks as well though - a bit US Navy.

Would you do me a favour? Measure the inside of your new hip pad, please. It's possible I could use one as a back support instead of the black one I currently use, which would go nicely with the blufor loadout I'm building.

I'm about a 31" waist and it fits fine. What waist size are you?

• Supporters

Yeah, your waist measurement doesn't help much because I would wear it much higher up*. I'm about 36-7 so I buy 38 / 96 to be sure of comfort these days. Now I've thought more about it, I need to know how long it is from the buckle to edge of the opposite side of the pad and also how long the trailing belt is.

Oh yeah, and I won the auction for this:

151192639678_1.jpg3x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3600 LM Lumens Waterproof Torch - £16 delivered ~ dove-xx

Imagine the strobe on this bastard!?!

EDIT: * what I mean is that i'm slimmer than my waist size higher up, especially when my back protector is pulled as tight as it needs to be for proper support.

Yeah, your waist measurement doesn't help much because I would wear it much higher up*. I'm about 36-7 so I buy 38 / 96 to be sure of comfort these days. Now I've thought more about it, I need to know how long it is from the buckle to edge of the opposite side of the pad and also how long the trailing belt is.

Oh yeah, and I won the auction for this:

151192639678_1.jpg3x CREE XM-L T6 LED 3600 LM Lumens Waterproof Torch - £16 delivered ~ dove-xx

Imagine the strobe on this bastard!?!

EDIT: * what I mean is that i'm slimmer than my waist size higher up, especially when my back protector is pulled as tight as it needs to be for proper support.

It doesn't come with a belt, you thread your own belt through it. Not sure what you mean, I'm confused! :P

I've got a 1800lm light. They're super bright! My has a fault on it though, sometimes it just decides its not going to turn on.

• Supporters

Oh right, I get you. Can you tell me how long it is from one end of the pad to the other then, please.

Yeah, I've got 3 single XML T-6 LED torches: 1 is dodgy, 2 are great, so I spose i'll go with Meatloaf on that :lol:

I'm hoping for 'kin ridiculous from this new'un tho!

Edit: actually I've just remembered I have 4 - so 3 out of 4 beats Meatloaf :lol:

Oh right, I get you. Can you tell me how long it is from one end of the pad to the other then, please.

Yeah, I've got 3 single XML T-6 LED torches: 1 is dodgy, 2 are great, so I spose i'll go with Meatloaf on that :lol:

I'm hoping for 'kin ridiculous from this new'un tho!

Edit: actually I've just remembered I have 4 - so 3 out of 4 beats Meatloaf :lol:

It's 34" long and 6" wide around the back. I just looked at the website and I think I got the last one, they're out of stock.

• Supporters

Bummer :(