The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

question is though... 2 identical AEGs, clearly they're not going to stay identical for long so what's going on them?

Ah, well, good question; well presented (bet you've never heard that before). These particular guns obviously pack a fair bit of PTS stuff that's no longer in production which is why I picked them up now even though they're not necessarily going to be the next projects for me.

I did however pick up some 2 PTS MIAD sets in FDE and FG before supplies dried up so that settles the grips and colour schemes. I'm thinking one'll stay 14.5" with the nice mid-length gas system just cause I think it looks cool and one I'll swap down to a 11.5" since I always play CQB these days. The BCM receiver sets are obviously very shiny and pretty so they'll stay, as will the magpul trigger guards, the Battle Arms selectors and the BCM charging handles. I'll keep one of the SureFire brakes and probably go for one of the new PTS Griffin devices on the other. Not sure about stocks or handguards; there's so many options on the RS market that are actually in similar price brackets to the Madbull rails and since the guns are wired for LiPos in the buffer tube I'm not limited by battery storage up front. Definitely a tube on at least one of them, Midwest or Centurion most likely.

• Supporters

I look forward to seeing the FG one when you get round to doing it, the few guns I've seen that use a lot of it look great- Just most people seem to ignore it and go for FDE which in my opinion at least, is a shame.

• Supporters

Need to set up a sniper belt rig so not carrying all my other "stuff" around with me. So if anyone see a OD PLB WAS belt going let me know!

Not EXACTLY what you were looking for but there's a Coyote set on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warrior-Assault-System-PLB-belt-system-with-Yoke-and-Pouches-in-Coyote-BNWOT-/321260139977?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4acc98b5c9

I saw that earlier. Shame its tan, I have a tun of OD pouches so will wait for an OD one. Cheers though man.

• Supporters

TM glock is an awesome little gun, I was dubious myself til I bought one but it shoots straight for a fair old distance and has never once vented a mag on me. Even got 2 full mags worth of BBs from one gas fill last weekend when it was 3C outside, although admittedly it didn't lock back the slide the second time it was empty.

Funnily enough I did look at the glocks, but I can't get over the fact that it does not have a hammer.

I know that's odd, but it's just me :wacko:

I hear they are a good performer though.

It did feel pretty cool pulling back the hammer but it's another moving part in my eyes which could wear away or break. The glock and sig felt like they shot the same, maybe the glock's recoil was a little bit stronger.

• Supporters

I saw that earlier. Shame its tan, I have a tun of OD pouches so will wait for an OD one. Cheers though man.

For that price would it not be worth a bottle of Dylon? ;)

I have a "warrior assault systems" search active on ebay for myself (hoping for a set of straps for my 901) so I'll shout you if anything pops up.

You need OD straps?? I have a spare set! One was damaged so sent back to UKtactical and they had it repaired.

oh and few bits came today....

75EE01E8-5446-42F4-BFD6-3D8B3308B965.jpg

also got the MTP shirt but it smelt so bad of smoke it went straight into the washing machine!

• Supporters

^^Yeah, that is different. That'd be the addictive gay stuff.

@Sam: Go mental, a Splav sniper harness, mate!

For me:

171160356123_1.jpg Soviet GP-7 Respirator Bag - US$9.50 delivered (part of a combo deal but t'other stuff isn't airsoft related) ~ Fleabay

321254983556_1.jpg Soviet Belt Buckle - £3.49 Delivered ~ Fleabay

sku_253513_1_small.jpg Knock Off Serpa for USP - $14.70 Delivered ~ DX.com

vns_1018.jpg 3x1000 Vanaras 0.4g BB's ~ The Dark Place (thx for the heads up, Sam)

Just got myself:

• 1 OD Bulle Recon fleece
  • 2 Bulle patches (dark side meter and pirate flag)

£41.47 off Flecktarn

And;

• 2x GR16 midcaps
  • 1 OD fleece hat
  • 1 basic double screw sound suppressor (MP5 barrel extension, here I come...)

£58.47 off ProAirsoftSupplies.

About 12p shy off £100. Nice.

Funny story about the payment; I found a check for £100 addressed to myself from a relative in an old christmas card (getting the xmas decorations out of the loft etc) it's dated 12/12/2010 :D

• Supporters

Today I walked into my local shop to get me a hop rubber and a speedloader for tomorrow... walked out with an M60. :/

...as you do :lol:

• Supporters

SKD Tac had a sale on last week so.. yeah.

IMG_1478_zps2e7975a3.jpg

• SKD Enhanced BDU shirt - 'Charlie' variant
  • FirstSpear Assaulter's Gun Belt Sleeve
  • Gen 2 MBUS Front and Rear
  • Gear Sector Scout Light Mount
  • Mid-length MOE Handguards
  • PIG FDT Alpha Touch Gloves