The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just received my "The Joker" neoprene face mask. Someone has already asked me if I want to know where they got these scarves.

• Supporters

Still waiting for my 800mAh one for my Skorpion. Now I'm away from home for a while so that's that for a while. I should have ordered 2. Can I get a linky to the ones you ordered, Sp00n pls?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29021 ;) open this page, then wait for 5 mins or so and the price will drop to $5.90 :DB)

it is slightly not round enough to fit in the original hole, and the connector is only a mini-jst, but thats what my glock has, and it works fine B)B) (my glock has a 35-70c 300mAh battery, so the 25-50c is fine)

• Supporters

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29021 ;) open this page, then wait for 5 mins or so and the price will drop to $5.90 :DB)

it is slightly not round enough to fit in the original hole, and the connector is only a mini-jst, but thats what my glock has, and it works fine B)B) (my glock has a 35-70c 300mAh battery, so the 25-50c is fine)

Thanks mate :) I'm planning to remodel the interior of the pistol grip anyway, so yeah that's a possibility. I don't know how I missed it when I was on hobbyking myself. I got 1 of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=6786 which obviously will not fit in the original battery space, but it will fit in the grip and with space for Deans, 16AWG & a MOSFET.

Are you going to FET yours up? I was thinking: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gate-electronics-mosfet-switch-picossr

I have one in my AKS-74U and it was an obvious improvement for trigger response. That said, Phatima packed up last time out and I haven't had time to dismantle her. I don't think the FET is responsible, but the 1st one I ever tried did something not that dissimilar to this fail, so I'm not buying, or recommending, another PicoSSR until I'm sure.

Edit: I'd rather use Turnigy batteries than that Zippy ting...

• Supporters

Thanks mate :) I'm planning to remodel the interior of the pistol grip anyway, so yeah that's a possibility. I don't know how I missed it when I was on hobbyking myself. I got 1 of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=6786 which obviously will not fit in the original battery space, but it will fit in the grip and with space for Deans, 16AWG & a MOSFET.

Are you going to FET yours up? I was thinking: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gate-electronics-mosfet-switch-picossr

I have one in my AKS-74U and it was an obvious improvement for trigger response. That said, Phatima packed up last time out and I haven't had time to dismantle her. I don't think the FET is responsible, but the 1st one I ever tried did something not that dissimilar to this fail, so I'm not buying, or recommending, another PicoSSR until I'm sure.

Edit: I'd rather use Turnigy batteries than that Zippy ting...

To be honest I am not gunna bother with a fet, as on something soo space restrictive and cheap, it's abit of a waste in my current view. That said I may fit a fet one day.

16awg is abit big, that battery I got doesn't have 16awg it's a lot smaller.

• Supporters
  • 2 x Avalon (VFC) BCM 14.5" AEGs
  • SureFire X300
  • SureFire M300a
  • FirstSpear Assaulters' Gun Belt, AGB Pad 6/12 and 6/12 Cummerbund Upgrade

There was probably at least a month or more gap between the different orders but stuff always seems to end up arriving in one big lump for various reasons; customs inspections, differebt lengths of shipping delays etc.

IMG_1448_zpsc91f5906.jpg

IMG_1454_zps318f91c1.jpg

IMG_1461_zps923aae88.jpg

Proper shots of the rifles are coming of course, just waiting on some background material.

I still baffles me why you would want more than one of the same gun? Not you personally Chris but just in general. You see people post pics of their collection and its 5 M4s just with different rails optics etc.

anyway back on topic:

Still pitting bits together for the VSR so parts list for this order:

Ebay Bipod (sorry marcus i'm impatient!)

Guarder Hop Rubber (couldnt find a 9ball one in stock somewhere with reasonable postage)

Dangerworks Type B hop leaver.

• Supporters

I've just bought some MTP kecks for £11.50 off fleabay and, depending on the price, I may buy a shirt too. I'm thinking that if there are places left, I may go to Stirling's England vs Scotland weekender and tans is the required kit for England - I have a DDPM shirt though which, even though it's massive and so worn it's like pyjamas, would do. I spose I ought to make a gear wanted ad in the Classifieds.

Dunno though - it's CQB @Skirmish on the 8th so I may go to that instead.

Soo... A little shopping has been made...

Mich 2000 helmet (replica ofc duh)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330727130012 So I can put on my Polish wz.93 camouflage cover on it :3

Half Mask

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321094526364 Yes... I do not like it but due the stories I heard for a veteran airsofter... I decided to buy one.

Buut as I hate walking around with one I decided to buy a balaclava to fit over in my helmet + give me some heat in cold weather AAAND to hide the mask away :3

http://www.military1st.co.uk/10898a-lightweight-1-hole-balaclava-spandex-paintball-black.html

• Supporters

Just paid for a PBS-4 suppressor from our own dear GrammarNazi75 - thanks Lewis :)

That can occasionally go on my AKS-74U, but also I think it'll be major cool on my Skorpion :D

And £25 deposit for OP: Shining Light / Deets Thread

I just couldn't bring myself to give JBBG my money so i ended up getting some Vanaras 0.40g.

1000 tan one for £13 all in.

Will see how they work.

Just need to find a TBB and she should be good to go.

• Supporters

I just couldn't bring myself to give JBBG my money so i ended up getting some Vanaras 0.40g.

1000 tan one for £13 all in.

Will see how they work.

Just need to find a TBB and she should be good to go.

From where, Sam?

• Supporters

i have just received my PSG 100 spring to replace the PSG 120 spring i fitted into my G&G L85, which bumped the FPS from 260 (on 0.2's) to a unusable 380fps (on 0.25's) <_<<_<

fingers crossed for somewhere near 330'ish fps lol :lol::lol:

• Supporters

Yeah, well I messaged the bloke about several bags, so we'll see how dark he is :lol:

Just bought a 70's Soviet Canvas Belt:

il_570xN.357654653_8jth.jpg

£5.29 Posted from Russia ~ Etsy

And also, from the Ukraine via Etsy, this berezka afganka pattern jacket which may be a blim too small for me, in which case it will be for sale:

il_570xN.465975772_k42u.jpg

Oh yeah, and some Fog[Tech] from fleabay - £4.99 / 50 drop bottle.

• Supporters

I still baffles me why you would want more than one of the same gun? Not you personally Chris but just in general. You see people post pics of their collection and its 5 M4s just with different rails optics etc.

I'm kind of going that direction to be honest. On a base level I'll only actually have a couple of ARs in each category as it were; few AEGs, 3 TM SOCOMs and 1 GBBr (for now).

I get that people who don't have the time to intricately research the many, many kinds of handguards etc just see "yet another M4'". But especially once you get in to the world of GBBRs and fitting real parts to them, then (IMHO) the mind-blowing amount of parts available to fit means that classifying it as just one type of firearm is pretty much incorrect. Especially when most airsoft guns do the same thing on the insides.

There's also the serious aspects of ancillaries, accessories, LBE and tooling. I mean sure you can buy an MP5 and then a suitable battery a scope mount and a box of plastic mid-caps won't cost all that much in the grand scheme of airsoft. But when you've dropped everything you've got in to the very best magazines for your one type of gun, the greatest mag pouches money can buy, expensive accessories that often might not suit another platform and (most importantly) invested significant time in to learning intimately how to work on one platform and then money in to buying very specific tools for that one family of guns... well you kinda wanna stick to your strengths, as it were.

Obviously a lot of airsofters out there want a gun wall with as many different models as they can physically get because that's what they think is cool, more power to them. But I joined up as an armourer because I like working on guns and airsoft lets me do that in my spare time using exactly the guns and parts I personally like the most, rather than the ones a military publication says I have to use (which are probably quite boring a lot of the time). Not having an argument here with you in any way or saying you're wrong, just putting across my view point for those who might not have considered some of the points above.

Just took delivery of a couple of CYMA AK parts: a black tactical hand grip and a replacement top handguard with integrated RIS.

Fair one Chris. Each to their own.

I have just picked up 3 more glock mags. I now have 6 working normal mags, 1 non working mag and - 1 extended mag.

Need to set up a sniper belt rig so not carrying all my other "stuff" around with me. So if anyone see a OD PLB WAS belt going let me know!