The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

I would love to get some sort of russian special forces uniform, but everything is so damn expensive or hard to get. DPM will do me for now!

Yeah, it is. The stuff I'm talking about here is the late 70's - early 80's khaki uniforms - the officers' trousers all had a stripe of piping down the outside leg seam in different colours depending on branch of service: raspberry red = army / pale blue = air force & VDV / black = marines & tank forces / green = border guards, and you can find them on fleabay fairly often, but the 'dark' blue of KGB special units almost never comes up, but even when it does, the most common sizes are what we would class as civilian small/medium - medium. Trying to find almost any Russian uniform in 54-5 (38" waist, 44" chest, 5'10"-6' height) is a struggle, unless it's only been around for a few years, in which case you'll be buying bits you don't need, namely a sleeve and a trouser leg...!

But this cloth should do the job nicely and also be correct for collar tabs, enlisted men's shoulder boards, and visor cap bands (although it's a bit late for that for me b/c i bought a Bulgarian KGB visor cap a while ago which I can swap insignia with a Russian VDV one somebody sold me mistakenly, because i couldn't tell what shade of blue on my laptop grrrrrrrrrr, but these are the lengths you have to go to unless you're prepared to pay £4-500 for semi-complete uniforms). It takes patience and a fair bit of ebay-ninja-ing ;);D:lol:

Anyhoo, I got bored waiting for a Y-Strap harness to crop up again, I mean shit, there used to be loads of 'em and going for about a tenner, so I bought one from Soviet-Power.com $14.95 + $15 shipping & handling fee so the best part of £20 - ho hum...

beltsshoulders.jpg

• Supporters

These guys usually have a decent stock: http://www.rusmilitary.com/index.htm

hmmmmm... mostly OOS IME

although they do get some interesting bits in that you don't tend to see elsewhere

• Supporters

hmmmmm... mostly OOS IME

although they do get some interesting bits in that you don't tend to see elsewhere

Fair point, on closer inspection they're not as well stocked as they used to be. There was another site I used to trawl but I think it shut down. I'll look.

• Supporters

No mate, I meant same gearbox, but yeah it's the same shitty battery too :( the ROF suits me fine, it's the initial trigger response - at CQB the other week I popped out of a doorway 1/2 into a corridor to shoot at 2 people who were in opposite side doorways down the end... hail of pistol and AEG fire before my Skorpion had fired it's first shot (and that was all semi-auto too).

I'm really hoping that converting to a LiPo, Deans, and a Pico MOSFET sorts it out because the only info I have on other upgrades is the SHS replacement gears and someone on youtube who mentioned that the motor is a '370' which can be replaced with any of the same size RC motor... great! Er, no... I can't find any decent info on what '370' means or what choices there are from manufacturers... we need an emoticon which is somewhere between sad and crying - bummer.

• Supporters

My cyma glocks gearbox is in the grip though, or do you mean it's the same style??

As for the motor 370 is the size, have a look on eBay at item number 251321130110 ;)

Recieved my scorpions drum mag today . . . It's soo cute lol

• Supporters

^^Where does the battery go?

Thanks for the motor heads up :) Do you know how that motor compares to the JG one, or the TM it's a clone of?

• Supporters

In my cyma g18c they go under the slide ;)

Sorry mate I have no idea what the stock motor is :(

Well, I think that the only difference is the motor position, because the few upgrade parts I've found seem to be the same for both.

• Supporters

Hmmm might just be like v2 and v3 gear boxes different shells, same internals :)

Interesting how easy it is to get 300 fps from the v-61, yet the g18c can barely make 250 fps when fully upgraded :(

Was just the 350 mAh lipo i got, so got 2 of them as the were like 3 quid each.

From what ive seen the lipo conversion on any aep turns it into near instant trigger response.

• Supporters

What barrel length is the Glock, Sp00n?

My vz61 recently chrono'd at 320FPS - that's just from putting a PDI 127x6.01mm barrel in it.

- I'm seriously considering one of these springs, or this set as upgrades, but only if I can get a sensible trigger response.

I might see if I can knock an email together in Google-Chinese and try to ask JG about the motor specs...

Although now i've seen that vid on Eagle6, I'm wondering if a 7.4V LiPo was a good idea - maybe i should have gone for a tiny 11.1V, as daft as that sounds.

Anyway, my latest ebay-ninjability has netted me a DPM baseball cap for £3.79 delivered, a KGB blue beret (sadly with no insignia but that's not as insurmountable as it sounds) for £8.54 all in, and a Trustfire 18650 extension tube for £3.11 + free shipping.

301011706497_1.jpg111211075691_1.jpg171172856555_1.jpg

• Supporters

What barrel length is the Glock, Sp00n?

My vz61 recently chrono'd at 320FPS - that's just from putting a PDI 127x6.01mm barrel in it.

- I'm seriously considering one of these springs, or this set as upgrades, but only if I can get a sensible trigger response.

I might see if I can knock an email together in Google-Chinese and try to ask JG about the motor specs...

Although now i've seen that vid on Eagle6, I'm wondering if a 7.4V LiPo was a good idea - maybe i should have gone for a tiny 11.1V, as daft as that sounds.

Anyway, my latest ebay-ninjability has netted me a DPM baseball cap for £3.79 delivered, a KGB blue beret (sadly with no insignia but that's not as insurmountable as it sounds) for £8.54 all in, and a Trustfire 18650 extension tube for £3.11 + free shipping.

301011706497_1.jpg111211075691_1.jpg171172856555_1.jpg

110mm barrel length

i have the eagle6 spring to fit into my glock, but have not go round to it yet :P

7.4v lipo did wonders to my G18c :D:D major major difference

i think the difference between the glock's fps and the scorpions fps is down to the cylinder head and nozzle, as in the glock the motor/gearbox/cylinder/pistion/spring etc etc are all in the pistol grip.

Ian,asking JG may be a problem but I found their Shadow company with the google which you can contact. Most airsoft manufacturers in China are illegal except a few who do OEM work for Hong Kong or Japanese companies. JG have several factories around the place. Only one is legal,and that's the government owned A&K factory which does 'OEM' work for a Japanese toy company.

For JG,there is JG Works Hong Kong who take the various JGs around the place and essentially brand then and distribute them. Here's their webby,in fact,you might be able to contact them.http://www.toysgun.cn/jj.asp

You'd honestly have better luck asking Marui since JG cloned the thing,or Xfire or Echigoya or some Japanese gunsmith.

• Supporters

Ian,asking JG may be a problem but I found their Shadow company with the google which you can contact. Most airsoft manufacturers in China are illegal except a few who do OEM work for Hong Kong or Japanese companies. JG have several factories around the place. Only one is legal,and that's the government owned A&K factory which does 'OEM' work for a Japanese toy company.

For JG,there is JG Works Hong Kong who take the various JGs around the place and essentially brand then and distribute them. Here's their webby,in fact,you might be able to contact them.http://www.toysgun.cn/jj.asp

You'd honestly have better luck asking Marui since JG cloned the thing,or Xfire or Echigoya or some Japanese gunsmith.

Dunno how you find it, but i've had much better results communicating with Chinese people through Google Translate than Japanese. It may be because I use Simplified Chinese rather than Traditional and whomever i've spoken too is able to guess what i must be on about from the context, but Japanese is more complex and it seems like even the slightest ambiguity in my English creates the most random Japanese re-translations.

But anyway, cheers for the linky - I had no idea it was so complex :lol:

Got a night game tomoz so have sorted tracer units out for my M4 and PX4

20131011_160801_zpsad936c2e.jpg

20131009_170833_zps698fc69a.jpg

Finally managed to get the hop unit working properly (although still need to rewire the internal tracer). I am proper impressed with the difference it makes from the standard hop/barrel, The BBs seem to remain far steadier now. The guns range was never really an issue but the BBs travel at the end of the usable range was sometimes hard to predict. They now fire dead straight as far as I can see them :-)

• Supporters

Fleabayage ninja'd me:

221314778047_1.jpg

New Version Strike Steel Lower Face Mesh Mask / Black

- £4.73 posted ~ KH Mountain

• Supporters

Still waiting for my 800mAh one for my Skorpion. Now I'm away from home for a while so that's that for a while. I should have ordered 2. Can I get a linky to the ones you ordered, Sp00n pls?