The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Went to the local airsoft shop with my mate to drop a gun off and ended up buying a cyma m14 and they chucked in battery mag magpul for free. Happy days :-)

• Supporters

Went to the local airsoft shop with my mate to drop a gun off and ended up buying a cyma m14 and they chucked in battery mag magpul for free. Happy days :-)

Which shop?

My ultrafire CREE XM-LT6 arrived today. It says its 1800 Lums. I'm not sure if it is or not, all I know is its vision blindingly good! Well worth the £10. I'm just waiting on the rail clip to arrive for it, until then black electrical tape will have to do.

I think I should of read the measurement of it when I bought it, it's a little long for my mp5 :P

post-8040-0-74189500-1383824503_thumb.jpg

post-8040-0-13202800-1383824744_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Marcus, what colour are the Guarder .4s?

• Supporters

So I just tried to take the clip off the handle to discover that the grip on the handle can disconnect to shorten it. It means it runs off only 1 18650 battery but it doesn't look like it's any less bright. I just fell in love with it even more!

Unless your batteries aren't charged it should be obviously brighter with 2 18650's. Did you test it somewhere with a lot of ambient light?

I fell in love with mine when it arrived yesterday too - but a couple of hours messing with it and the blasted mode select has stopped working - it's stuck on full beam or off. Waiting for dove-xx to get back to me with their plan to remedy the situation grrrrrrrrrrrrrr V^^V

Anyhoo, my Russian Sniper Harness just turned up...

t0g8.jpg

...and it's great, but so obviously modern that I think I'm going to need a whole new loadout to go with it.

Don't know whether to laugh gleefully or cry for my wallet!

Full Berezka BDU's tho... hehehe

• Supporters

Marcus, what colour are the Guarder .4s?

They looked a grey colour in the picture but might be black- not sure as it could be due to the lighting.

Madbull have stopped making .4s in tan now too so I think it's pretty much dark colours only without looking abroad or something. Will give them ago this weekend anyway- i never had issues seeing my old madbull dark green .36s in woodland so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Picked up a 150 spring and some PTFE tape to mess about with the BAR10.

I've got ptfe tape- should've asked first lol, atleast it's really cheap anyway :D

Don't forget to buy some new sears or a trigger unit (unless it already has them installed) otherwise you'll be slam firing pretty sharpish ;)

• Supporters

They looked a grey colour in the picture but might be black- not sure as it could be due to the lighting.

Madbull have stopped making .4s in tan now too so I think it's pretty much dark colours only without looking abroad or something. Will give them ago this weekend anyway- i never had issues seeing my old madbull dark green .36s in woodland so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

I noticed MadBull's are silvery-grey, and heard the Guarder's were changing from tan too, to comply with laws or something or other. I found some King Arms ones in the UK that are tan, so may get a pot of those before they sell out and become rarer.

Unless your batteries aren't charged it should be obviously brighter with 2 18650's. Did you test it somewhere with a lot of ambient light?

I fell in love with mine when it arrived yesterday too - but a couple of hours messing with it and the blasted mode select has stopped working - it's stuck on full beam or off. Waiting for dove-xx to get back to me with their plan to remedy the situation grrrrrrrrrrrrrr V^^V

Anyhoo, my Russian Sniper Harness just turned up...

...and it's great, but so obviously modern that I think I'm going to need a whole new loadout to go with it.

Don't know whether to laugh gleefully or cry for my wallet!

Full Berezka BDU's tho... hehehe

You don't need to do a new loadout,AFIAK the Belorussian spetsnaz still use KLMK and modern SPLAV stuff. Sort of the look I'm going for. But My rig is comprised of ALICE,but it looks almost identical so I'm not too bothered.

This should go well with your SVD loadout,along with the KLMK two piece,like I said,could be a pretty accurate Belo spets loadout.

• Supporters

I noticed MadBull's are silvery-grey, and heard the Guarder's were changing from tan too, to comply with laws or something or other. I found some King Arms ones in the UK that are tan, so may get a pot of those before they sell out and become rarer.

PM me linky pls Liam?

I've got ptfe tape- should've asked first lol, atleast it's really cheap anyway :D

Don't forget to buy some new sears or a trigger unit (unless it already has them installed) otherwise you'll be slam firing pretty sharpish ;)

The tape was 48p! My plan is to upgrade as bits break! that way i can tell the wife "i have to get new parts as its broken" ;):ph34r:

Yours is from B&Q too then? :P

Took me half an hour to find it in my local.

Took me about 20 mins to find it!

• Supporters

Got myself an issue AFV driver's balaclava, £3 off eBay :)

They're a good bit of kit - thin and comfy but warm, although not too warm, and fireproof.

I have a pair of the gloves - great extra layer inside leather gloves when it's really cold.

It arrived today- utterly brilliant, has a rectangular section at the base of the hood that envelops your neck and shoulders like one of those stereotypical executioner's hoods. Much better than any other balaclava I've seen online, would highly recommend :)

edit: bought an M4 handguard rail off amazon for £7.50 as well :D

Well various well-known on-line shopping sites have been having a field day with me....

I have recently bought....

Czech Army winter Parker - olive green and probably too nice (not to mention very warm) to go rolling about in the winter mud in!

Complete set, meaning Trousers, Shirt, Parker and MICH helmet cover, canteen and gloves in Flecktarn and the same in Olive Green... all of these being military surplus goods and for the most part very cheap all things considered....

2 pairs Viper goggles

various hats

and any number of bits and bobs!

I guess I'm just a 'kit junkie' but apart from that, I also like the idea of having different loadouts that I can change and swap about as I please and I can also dress for all weathers - winter airsofting appeals to me. All that said, I do like the flecktarn the most... trust the German's to do the best stuff again!

• Supporters

Got the yesterday, yeah they are a flat silver/grey color.