The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I've got the same one, just put a ring through the sling mount then it should work fine.

A little odd how they call it an "mp5" sling yet it doesn't fit an Mp5 sling mount. :wacko:

I'll try that tomorrow, at work tonight :(

Yea it's too wide to fit through the sling mount on the stock. I find it really tight, is it supposed to be like that?

Tried a keyring, wore it for a minute and didn't like the way it was messing up the Metal. I've gone with cable ties and seems to do the job.

Still, not really the way I wanted to wear the sling but I've paid for it so it'll do.

post-8040-0-92479700-1382945279_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

I generally go with a loop of paracord when it comes to fitting slings to overly-narrow sling mounts on guns. Problem is that so many designs of airsoft guns are based on very, very old iterations of the real firearms and the slings used back in those days were much simpler affairs that just threaded a 1-2" canvas/webbing strap directly through the mounts on the weapon á la the famous L85 3-point.

The advantage with paracord vs a keyring, or any other metal or plastic solution, is that you'll get zero rattle or scratching from the interface device. Also greater flexibility, greater options for customisation (i.e. unlimited, it's just string after all) and IMO it just 'fits' better aesthetically.

• Supporters

So far 6mm carabiners have worked for me to connect slings to various G36's, various AK iterations, and my SVD front mount. The locking ones probably aren't necessary but the extra security feels reassuring to me :wacko::unsure: They're also damn handy for hanging gloves off webbing ;)Linky A short 1" webbing strap with an eye loop as well as a buckle would probably be most aesthetically pleasing - i'm not at home right now, but in a few days i'll check what bits i have on my kit sewing shelf. I may be able to make you one out of stuff i already have, so it'd be cheap to you. :)

• Supporters

You're too kind!

yeah, maybe i should be a capitalist about it :lol:

Not airsoft related,but A Sony CyberShot lense for my mum's old camera arrived today and I've fixed it along with my brother. Now it's mine. muhahahaha

Now to post the testing pics of my VSR to r/airsoft 'cos I'm a sad sh*t like that.

• Supporters

I think pics are good in this thread. Helps people visualise what you're on about if they don't know.

Fair enough, I just thought it'd be more useful if people saw the application of the product in the other thread, although I do appreciate some people would like to see images in this thread.

if this helps

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gg-gr4-g26-standard-plastic-blow-back-airsoft-gun-aeg

sorry its just the site i got it from but on a plus side i got a free G&G patch so stickers and a deck of cards lol

• Supporters

Yeah, it's a ball ache to link to pics on fire-support. If you use Chrome you can find the image url by opening the developer tools window at the bottom of the page (Ctrl+Shift+I).

• Supporters

GG-AEG-GR4-G26.JPG

Nice, one of my mates has that. Sweet shooting gun for the money! The torch is a bit useless though.

Ye I got the standard for that very reason just need to find a compatible metal recover now

• Supporters

Ye I got the standard for that very reason just need to find a compatible metal recover now

Ah right, my mates one is the fibre re-enforced nylon one. Honestly by the time you've spent the money on a metal receiver and gone through the joy of fitting it you'd have been better served getting a GC 16 Raider or similar. Not much more money and almost all metal. Still, enjoy the gun. They're nice.

I'd actually prefer G&G Nylon Fiber ABS stuff to fool metal.

Unless you're getting a G&P or VFC or whatever high end CNC 6061 body stay with Stock one. Everything else is probably Pot metal and that's a big downgrade to the Nylon ABS one.

• Supporters

Just paid for a lovely looking TM AKS-47 w/ Inokatsu body kit from our own dear Parabellum :D can't wait to get my grubby little mitts all over it and make it shoot plenty harder than it was intended to... Muahahahaaaa!

Just ordered 2 40mm shells to go with my new M203.

Can't wait!!

So some of my bits arrived.

1x TM recoil mag

5 x Magpul Pmags

1x Madbull 40mm shell

1x unknown cheap shell THAT IS SCREWED!

the fill valve blew into 4 bits and it has missing ball bearings inside. NOT HAPPY

Here's the list from San Diego:

MARPAT Trousers

MARPAT Boonie

MARPAT Balaclava

USMC T-shirt

114lt Desert MARPAT holdall

Tactical Cap

and USMC Sweatpants :)