The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

another Strandhogg or AAC with all the shiny bits?

***EDIT***

Either way, just priced it up and JESUS, she's a customs bill!

Ha, I wish I was that minted. Lucky eBay find (in the UK no less), it's brand spanker and they only put it up for sale since our issued plates don't fit it (derp). So someone that's allowed to use non-standard PCs but has to use issued plates? Could just be a rifles regiment bloke, who knows. I'll be stuck with osprey if/when I go anywhere. <_<

I think the AAC is a bit of an odd one really, if you buy the fully modular front panel and the modular cummerbund instead of the strap all you've actually got is an Amphibian, though it may cost a couple of dollars more for the AAC depending on the exact colour/size options. Compared to to the Strandhogg, the Amphibian is more sneaky-beaky-gucci because it's got the built in radio pouches at the front which is the new 'thing' plus there's comms wires routing, whereas the Strandhogg lacks the routers and radio carriers, but does have much more comfortable shoulder pads. So unless you're going to be carrying a pair of PRC-152s in to a skirmish, I think the Strandhogg is much better suited for airsoft (generally). Might be different for some mil-sim guys attending very expensive games involving boats, but they're not buying FS anyway because SEALs haven't been widely pictured using FS gear.

• Supporters

Ha, I wish I was that minted. Lucky eBay find (in the UK no less), it's brand spanker and they only put it up for sale since our issued plates don't fit it (derp). So someone that's allowed to use non-standard PCs but has to use issued plates? Could just be a rifles regiment bloke, who knows. I'll be stuck with osprey if/when I go anywhere. <_<

I think the AAC is a bit of an odd one really, if you buy the fully modular front panel and the modular cummerbund instead of the strap all you've actually got is an Amphibian, though it may cost a couple of dollars more for the AAC depending on the exact colour/size options. Compared to to the Strandhogg, the Amphibian is more sneaky-beaky-gucci because it's got the built in radio pouches at the front which is the new 'thing' plus there's comms wires routing, whereas the Strandhogg lacks the routers and radio carriers, but does have much more comfortable shoulder pads. So unless you're going to be carrying a pair of PRC-152s in to a skirmish, I think the Strandhogg is much better suited for airsoft (generally). Might be different for some mil-sim guys attending very expensive games involving boats, but they're not buying FS anyway because SEALs haven't been widely pictured using FS gear.

Jammy bugger is all I'll say to that. I never thought to search eBay for that sort of thing, didn't expect it would come up with anything!

• Supporters

Yeah you get all sorts coming up. In terms of the high end kit it's generally the more established/better known brands, FS by comparison is very niche for example. But I've seen lots of Crye apparel, flashlights, radio stuff, handy little accessories like Sordin/comtac headband covers or covers for your hydration tubes in dozens of different camo patterns.. list goes on.

• Supporters

Handbrake cables for my car, after 1 snapped this afternoon rendering the thing useless :( who the f*ck designs a car that needs 2 ffs <_<

• Supporters

Handbrake cables for my car, after 1 snapped this afternoon rendering the thing useless :( who the f*ck designs a car that needs 2 ffs <_<

Murphy?

• Supporters

281173078454_1.jpg Factory packed unused RS AK47 butt stock - £15 + £6.50 P&P ~ Fleabay

161112307858_1.jpg Garmin 38 GPS - £4.99 + £3.20 P&P ~ Fleabay

Spending spree today :)

I bought...

-A G&G TR16 A3 Carbine Light

-3 MAG Midcaps

-An ASG speedloader

-Double quick release mag pouch in OD

-Single quick release mag pouch in OD

-And a can of black spray paint

£264.27, and should do me for several years :D

edit: just got myself a 2-pin D type earpiece for mah motorola, £6.95 off fleabay with free express shipping :D

Am SRC mp5 V2 shorty was £168 got it for £118 ( hopefully be here tomorrow ) just need to get a sliding stock, I have a folding ump style at mo

• Supporters

Am SRC mp5 V2 shorty was £168 got it for £118 ( hopefully be here tomorrow ) just need to get a sliding stock, I have a folding ump style at mo

Be aware that they only take SRC made magazines.

• Supporters

Lots of shiney bits for my c8 :D

After the gearbox ate itself <_<

13:1 gears

Sector chip

Shims

Tm piston

Gear grease

Gate 3.2 burst MOSFET

Monster hop rubber

• Supporters

Yeah, one of the guys at my local who runs an SRC MP5 really struggles to get mags sometimes.

It's because the SRC mp5 is made to the same size as a real one unlike others, which is good apart from the mag issue :P

Meh, I'd rather have better mag compatibility than a gun that was 1:1 scale down to 0.1mm. At that sort of definition no one can really tell anyway, unless they've handled the real steel version for years.

Be aware that they only take SRC made magazines.

nah they don't I've already got an SRC mp5 and it fine with other mags have various makes the SRC one is the wobblest of they all a placky mid cap ok too in there

• Supporters

nah they don't I've already got an SRC mp5 and it fine with other mags have various makes the SRC one is the wobblest of they all a placky mid cap ok too in there

Ah right, they must have changed it to a standardised style then :)

Bite the bullet and picked up some AVF Crewman coveralls. They had the US flight suits but they were a strange pinky tan colour so decided against that!

also got some Boker training knives.