The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Weeeeeellllllllll... S10's are sweaty bastards certainly, but let's have it right, the way that the air circulates inside them with each breath, as it is designed to, stops the lenses from fogging much / at all. Who knows if that will still work properly if you mess with it?

I haven't got around to it yet, but I definitely intend to take the innards out of a filter for mine sometime. Breathing through a proper filter takes some practice when you're running about - deep and steady gets you more oxygen than trying to gasp.

I had a look for my receipt for ballistic replacement lenses, so i could pass on the seller to you, but unfortunately it's another victim of early onset dementia, otherwise known as i couldn't fcuking remember where i've left my arse if i didn't have to wipe it periodically...

• Supporters

what is wrong with the std lenses on the S10? We wear them firing real guns so surely they are decent protection still?

I'm sure nobody ever told u that the S10 would protect u from bullets tho, right?

The lenses aren't rated for ballistic protection. Once you get them out of the rubber you can feel it - a good thwack would crack/shatter 'em.

• Supporters

"blueangelical" rings a bell, but i can't find him on eBay now.

He's on instructibles though.

Thats for all the advice guys! Did not think about the potential sweatiness inside them - never crossed my mind.

haha, I wasn't suggesting they would stop a 5.56mm round.... I doubt shooting glasses would either tho. But we don't fire real ammunition at them in airsoft.

Not meaning to be argumentative btw, was just curiosity as to why they wern't suitable for airsoft :-)

not another person thinking they're bulletproof...

Many moons ago, there was a member on this forum and a few others, who was convinced that the standard lenses in his mask (a pre-S10 variant) were bullet proof.

He got into a bit of a slanging match with various members here (and on the other places) about the topic. He based his entire argument on one fact - "The SAS use(-d) them, so they must be bullet proof". :rolleyes:

I'm pretty miffed, I had the chance to buy an S10 on Saturday for £10, but it was sold just as I returned to the stall with my cash.

Just picked up 3 more mags for my P229, taking the total to 12. I now carry more ammo for my sidearm than my rifle...

• Supporters

I now carry more ammo for my sidearm than my rifle...

:lol: I'll bet your loadout looks uber though, right?

Just to add, I've invited blueangelical to stop by here in person, so you never know, all our replacement ballistic lens needs may be sorted easily. He has just told me he can do custom size requests too, so I'm planning to get one for my C8 torch and my Soviet gas mask too, in the fullness of time.

Edited by Ian_Gere

Many moons ago, there was a member on this forum and a few others, who was convinced that the standard lenses in his mask (a pre-S10 variant) were bullet proof.

He got into a bit of a slanging match with various members here (and on the other places) about the topic. He based his entire argument on one fact - "The SAS use(-d) them, so they must be bullet proof". :rolleyes:

I'm pretty miffed, I had the chance to buy an S10 on Saturday for £10, but it was sold just as I returned to the stall with my cash.

Just picked up 3 more mags for my P229, taking the total to 12. I now carry more ammo for my sidearm than my rifle...

I remember reading that hahah wjat a laugh

:lol: I'll bet your loadout looks uber though, right?

It's a shame my FBI overt/covert-styled vest only has 5 mag pouches...

The rest all get stuffed in my suit jacket & trouser pockets :lol:

Still no sign of my gloves and no contact form the seller! Had a message just now and they have been sent next day....fingers crossed!

better news i have 4 shingles on the way to me now!!

Considering buying a serpa drop leg.....sold mine a while ago and regretted it straight away. Tempted to get another one!

Also may be getting a WAS RICAS in CT.....just because!

I had to give mine back when I left the RN back in May

• Supporters

It's a shame my FBI overt/covert-styled vest only has 5 mag pouches...

The rest all get stuffed in my suit jacket & trouser pockets :lol:

You should get some pistol mag pouches for the small of your back/kidneys and a 2nd pistol...:)

they actually asked for it back? jesus, things are getting tight!

kit record book and S10, get to keep the rest. The S10 was beyond it's expiry date so no use to anyone,

Hi all, thanks for inviting me on your forum....

15yqed.jpg

A bit about me..

I am a regular player to Airsoft in my SAS all blacks load out wearing my S10 Gas Mask. I've been wearing one for years now. Not with the standard lens that they are supplied with as they do shatter. I use a 2mm clear polycarbonate lens which I cut myself and have tested them many many times with different guns.

A friend if mine "Greataardvark" uploaded a test of the lenses and standard ones on YouTube to show you the difference.

I opened up the S10 filter and removed all the interior and before closing it up washed it thoroughly first. I remove both internal valves to make breathing normal in the mask and wash and talc the inside after every use.

My lenses don't fog as my breathing is normal and all though your face sweats like a pig, I never really feel those bbs hitting it, be it on the rubber or filter or lenses. I wear an M88 rep. helmet on top of this and flame resistant genuine SAS coverall. I have a sweat wicking, similar to lycra suit underneath this to help keep me cool and a fully equipped black vest on the top. Hydration unit on back which i can fit the straw under my S10. SIG P226 E2 on my thigh and MP5K in my hands with silencer, laser for sights and tactical torch.

I last wore this at Anzio a few week ago when it was REALLY HOT, and I was perfectly fine.

Yes I used to sell them on eBay but had problems with someone basically copy and pasting word for word my advert. After moaning to eBay, they removed his listing only for him to add one word and relist for half my amount and free p&p. Not worth me listing anymore so I took mine off. But yes I can still cut them and any size.

rrjnkx.jpg

;-)

• Supporters

Hi all, thanks for inviting me on your forum....

Thanks for turning up :)

I opened up the S10 filter and removed all the interior and before closing it up washed it thoroughly first. I remove both internal valves to make breathing normal in the mask and wash and talc the inside after every use.

My lenses don't fog as my breathing is normal

Well, that answers my question above: re changing the airflow and fogging :) How do you get the filters apart? I have 2 and the 2 parts of both shells seem to be either welded or mega-glued together. I haven't actually tried brute force and ignorance yet, because I don't want to leave scratches and dents that would spoil the look. How did you do it?

Yes I used to sell them on eBay but had problems with someone basically copy and pasting word for word my advert. After moaning to eBay, they removed his listing only for him to add one word and relist for half my amount and free p&p. Not worth me listing anymore so I took mine off. But yes I can still cut them and any size.

Such is business I spose, but yeah ripping off your ad is well rude. Can you also do any shape as well as any size? I'm thinking if I can post you a paper template, you can work from that because i don't have a micrometer with which to measure exactly.

;-) pleasure.

Yeah, the S10 filter is really well made, when you open it up, you'll find the plastic has metal wire reinforcing it in the actual plastic which appears to be sealed by bionic ultra wave technology :-) or something like that. There is no way in it, no seal or weak area. I use a BANDSAW and cut the end off in one go, smooth and quickly. Under the black end there's a plastic mesh then paper filter which looks a bit like a cars filter (old vw beetle). This is attached inside around the edges with a rubber solution which you have to get a Stanley knife in and around the inside all the way around to free it. Then there's a metal plate with holes in and a thin plastic gauze under this. This bit contains all of the charcoal, fine bits, not like on your BBQ. After you dispose of this there's another's metal plate under it with holes in, another thin plastic gauze then you're through to the other side with the screw bit on that attached to your mask.

It needs a REALLY good wash out, then I glue one if the thin plastic meshes over the screw part on the inside, glue one over the inlet part on the other side, again on the inside then apply some glue to the end that I cut off with the Bandsaw and attach it back on. Wrap a bit of black or red electrical tape around the join just for effects or slightly sand it smooth over the join to blend in if you don't want to use tape and there you go.

Yeah, should be able to do that with the paper template, just put a ruler on it or draw one on it so I know the exact size.

Hope that helps :-)