The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

just ordered 3x 50 rnd gas mags for my MP5k ( all 5 of short mags leak tried to fix but that's a no go grrrr)

• Supporters

Cheers Chris. I had an idea what it would look like, helps a lot.

No worries.

Were those pics taken on Tatooine, Chris?

These are not the droids you're looking for.

tumblr_mlvs3dfskV1rt4dh8o1_500.gif

To answer the question - Gunman Airsoft's site at Tuddenham. Arnies took it over for the weekend for the sort-of-annual 'Op Morning After' highly serious milsim weekend.

I was after something with a lid that would hold just one magazine securely instead of the standard double pouches, OPS and Eagle are the only 2 manufacturers I could find. Clearly I'm not going to buy Eagle stuff from the states because GOD DAMN that's expensive.

Saying that though, buy cheap buy twice... if the OPS ones are rubbish it's back to the drawing board!

Out of interest, when you say one mag securely do you mean with the lids tucked in? I only ask because I've only ever used the common/conventional design of 'double' STANAG pouch to hold 1 mag per cell anyway and not had a problem. That is probably why hardly anyone makes lidded pouches specifically to only hold 1 magazine; though obviously

But anyway, yeah Eagle are certainly not a brand I've ever/would ever buy. These days they make a lot of stuff for the DoD and USSF and that's about it really as far as I know. If you do see anything sold by them at a retailer it'll be far too expensive for what it is, antiquated in design and sewn by some unfortunate individual in a sweatshop in an impoverished country somewhere because they stopped making everything in the states a while back.

You may well have browsed these already, but for anyone wanting to see a really good cross-seciton of the wide variety of different pouches currently available I'd recommend spending some time on these 2 pages:

http://www.optactical.com/cltopmapo.html

http://www.skdtac.com/Tactical-Rifle-Mag-Pouches-s/466.htm

Anyway, stuff I've bought. One shot for the guys who aren't too fond of Magpul PTS and one of various american widgets.

9e115f43-3d52-4c7e-b6c8-913a98e76606_zps61317fad.jpg

IMG_1767_zpsa5a7b33b.jpg

• Supporters

These are not the droids you're looking for.

tumblr_mlvs3dfskV1rt4dh8o1_500.gif

Ah, it's just that I thought I recognised Jabba The Hut, that's all :lol:

• Supporters

I assume the helmet strap (x nape?) is for you air frame? If so, please let us know how you get on with it- I've just got an AF and will probably look to replace the straps in the near future :)

• Supporters

bit of both really, I have a box full of standard double mag pouches and I find they're just a bit bulkier than I wanted since I only ever run one mag in each anyway. I have loads and loads of shingle type open top pouches too which while less bulky don't have lids and I like having lids to keep everything nice and protected. I can't foresee any situation in airsoft where I'll need all 6 spare mags I carry RIGHT NOW!!!! the three that live in the kangaroo pouch are rapid access enough!

As for buying eagle stuff, if I had the money I would, but because they don't really *do* stuff for the civilian market it's almost all surplus SOCOM gear which carries a mega price premium just because someone may have been using it while they killed other people.

Also, how do you find the PTS PMag style mags for recoil shock guns? I'm tempted to panic buy a few but I'm not sure!

Pictures and stuff

JUst picked up a Tan PEQ15.

already been painted and fitted. Just need to align the laser.

• Supporters

I assume the helmet strap (x nape?) is for you air frame? If so, please let us know how you get on with it- I've just got an AF and will probably look to replace the straps in the near future :)

Yeah I've not fitted it just yet since I'm waiting for a set of Crye side rails to come in but I've actually already fitted an Ops-Core X-Nape to the TMC 'frame, went on no worries. Had to use the original chinese screws and the specific nuts that Ops-Core supplied to get the best setup but that wasn't a problem. Only bought a new one because the one I picked up previously was for left-handed shooters ('Left Eye Dominant' version) which meant the buckle was on the right side and sat exactly at the point where your cheek should meet the stock, kind of annoying. Alright if you use the old 'tracer effect', purely instinctive shoot or already wear a mesh mask I'd imagine but I like to be able to get my face against the gun.

As for buying eagle stuff, if I had the money I would, but because they don't really *do* stuff for the civilian market it's almost all surplus SOCOM gear which carries a mega price premium just because someone may have been using it while they killed other people.

Also, how do you find the PTS PMag style mags for recoil shock guns? I'm tempted to panic buy a few but I'm not sure!

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend Eagle even if you did have the cash, their designs are from the tactical stone ages. Compared to Blue Force Gear for example, who make (in my book) basically the best and most cutting edge line of pouches out there, they really are way behind the times. They might bring out a new line at some point but they seem to be selling so much to the american military that they don't care about civilian sales, which isn't uncommon with gear/gun makers over there. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for a single-mag only lidded pouch though, as you say they are pretty rare but I definitely get where you're coming from.

The EBBr PMAGs are built incredibly well, frankly OTT for an airsoft mag (which I'm a fan of personally). Nice capacity increase vs the TM 82 rounders and they're the same height as a RS mag which makes a nice change from all the stubby AEG mags out there. Fire-Support had a big stack of the things when I placed my order so you should be alright to leave it for a little bit.

• Supporters

Couple of Mil-Spec Monkey patches: Nurse Girl in arid & Special Night Time Services in ACU - £5.60 posted ~ new / fleabay

Kombat A6 Notepad Cover in DPM & Crusader Cup Lid - £9.75 ~ new / fleabay

76cm OD Chunky Zip - £4.21 posted ~ new / fleabay (to turn my Milan Sock into a manageable multi-rifle bag)

Kombat Waterproof Paper A6 Notepad - £2.99 posted ~ new / fleabay

30mm Medium Profile Torch Mount w/ Rail - £5.58 posted ~ new / fleabay

Teng Tools 2mm Allen Hex Key - £3.18 posted ~ new / fleabay

4 OD WAS single open top mag pouches (sorry Sam :D)

PEQ-2 battery box with a laser

Dummy NVG monocle with 3x magnification

I'm thinking about getting one, what are they like?

I'll let you know when it arrives :D

• Supporters

Another Element 105 Spring from Bullseye on Amazon for a tenner delivered.

Being delivered tomorrow....

TM Scar L CQC, think I may have bought the last one in the uk and the next lot is due late September as apparently the whole countries next order of TM guns is on a very slow boat

Where the hell from?? You just sold me 4!!!

Haha, from a guy on ZeroIn.

I sold you two doubles, these are four singles :D

Haha, from a guy on ZeroIn.

I sold you two doubles, these are four singles :D

Riiiiiiight because that make a huge difference! ;) I just got outbid by 4p on a tripple set on ebay! Need another 3 to set my rig up as i want it.

Just ordered a Blackhawk V sling from UKmcpro in the final days of their summer sale over the weekend.