The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

You are right the trousers were the most important part but always as cheap to buy the suit as just the tops or bottom on their own, I can leave the jacket in the car for those days when you think why o why did I not bring a coat.

Or can wrap dead bodies of my victims in it save getting blood on the carpet.......

you now thinking is he serious??... well am I?

Mean while back in the forest I also got a load of the new FOTL breathable T shirts (On special offer this week saved me another 15%) they make awesome base layers so if the sun does come out I will be cool not soggy (We live in hope especially in Birmingham)

• Supporters

Somebody has got their birthday present early :)

Somebody has got their birthday present early :)

Lol! I'm going to try and pry myself away from opening it from saturday, and if that fails, which it undoubtably will; I'll open it anyway.

More gear to come, probably going to look for a MOLLE vest,

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8419

Does this look any good? Would have to buy pouches on top of that. but what do you think? a little cheap?

More gear to come, probably going to look for a MOLLE vest,

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8419

Does this look any good? Would have to buy pouches on top of that. but what do you think? a little cheap?

Save up and get a warrior TMV, much much better quality, will last you forever, and has a resale value. UKtactical sell them, would link but on phone at present.

• Supporters

I would say +1ish to Geoff's post, but saving up and still having enough to skirmish might be difficult for the yoot among us...

A big plus of the NCS VISM is that it will be very light and cool to wear, but at the cost of robustness. Still, you do get a decent looking belt with it, which for £25 can't be sniffed at. I think that if you don't mind your kit looking like you've been on ops in the field for a fair while after a year of owning it, then it's a good choice. Also, if you cover it in 2nd hand issue Osprey pouches and some kind of hydro bladder pouch, they will protect the vest.

If light weight is the way forward for you, you might want to consider this Recon rig also. I suspect it would prove to be more robust.

• Supporters

eagle6 order has arrived :D (AEP lipo adapter, and AEP spring)

have ordered :-

bulldog chrono

3x MP5 200rd mag

10x LR44 batteries .... why a "off" aimpoint replica drained its batteries is beyond me!

Picked up a dark Grey BULLE combat shirt...........£10!

Still no joy with some decent OD combats!! Really want the TruSpec ones but £40 for plain combats is more than i want to pay!

eagle6 order has arrived :D (AEP lipo adapter, and AEP spring)

have ordered :-

bulldog chrono

3x MP5 200rd mag

10x LR44 batteries .... why a "off" aimpoint replica drained its batteries is beyond me!

Let me know how the lipo and spring fitting goes please. Even though I've just sold my AEP :P

Flyye drop leg panel

Flyye twin P90 mag pouch

Templar assault pack

Templar medium horizontal utility

All in ranger green for my new lightweight loadout

• Supporters

Let me know how the lipo and spring fitting goes please. Even though I've just sold my AEP :P

Lipo was dead easy as I mannaged to get some 300mAh's that fit in the space the original battery left :D

Have not had chance to have a look at the spring yet

Piccies,finally!

Yesterday,a Soviet army flask for 7€. Got it in an expedition/outdoor shop. Unissued,unused. It's very old but I still trust it more than a China made one.
http://i.imgur.com/5f9iIZTh.jpg

Technically didn't buy this,but dug it out,my Dad's 'Вешмишок' based rucksack,made by a soviet sports company in 1970s,not military issue but looks the part. Handy for overnight games or milsims. Does not exactly fit in my loadout era but phuck it,it's so useful..
http://i.imgur.com/hleSmfeh.jpg

...And the holster i bought that had blood on it,don;t remember,but around 5€. A day of sitting in chlorine has cleaned it out well,but discolored it even more.
http://i.imgur.com/o5yj5Muh.jpg

My rig is almost complete,just need a utility pouch.Might replace my old Czech made belt,the clamp is getting rusty. For an idea of how old it is,it reads ''Made in Czechoslovakia''.

Yeah.

Just ordered a Portuguese lizard camo shirt!

ahhhh *sigh* you know what I mean!

How will you fit in a shirt made for small reptiles?

Tooooo easy!

Just bought a TAS OD Molle belt for £6.99 brand new!

• Supporters

Yesterday,a Soviet army flask for 7€. Got it in an expedition/outdoor shop. Unissued,unused. It's very old but I still trust it more than a China made one.

http://i.imgur.com/5f9iIZTh.jpg

Yeah, I've got one of those. I dunno about the Chinese ones but the Russian ones are a pain in the arse. The chain makes unscrewing the top awkward and the whole thing bounces on a belt like a big woman on a horse... plus, you can't take the bottle out of the pouch without undoing the strap that holds it onto a belt, so you may as well bring the whole thing up to your mouth, but then it's fiddly to get back on the belt.

Technically didn't buy this,but dug it out,my Dad's 'Вешмишок' rucksack Dunno the year it was made,but he served through the late 70s and early 80s... Handy for overnight games or milsims. Does not really fit in my loadout era,but it looks cool and for me,practicality>looks.

http://i.imgur.com/hleSmfeh.jpg

Can you see if your dad knows anything about this that could help me track one down, because my veshmeshok has only one external pocket and some crappy twine through a hem to tie it up, no eyelets or proper string like yours.

Yeah, I've got one of those. I dunno about the Chinese ones but the Russian ones are a pain in the arse. The chain makes unscrewing the top awkward and the whole thing bounces on a belt like a big woman on a horse... plus, you can't take the bottle out of the pouch without undoing the strap that holds it onto a belt, so you may as well bring the whole thing up to your mouth, but then it's fiddly to get back on the belt.

Can you see if your dad knows anything about this that could help me track one down, because my veshmeshok has only one external pocket and some crappy twine through a hem to tie it up, no eyelets or proper string like yours.

i meant that i will trust 30 +year old(It dates back from 1977)Russian aluminium rather than new chinese metals.

I've 'come up' with a handy way of using them,Will post some pictures later on,I short,I use the crossed straps to thread my belt through and I don;t bother buttoning it down,using the tension of the main strap and the string to secure it.

I agree,the chain is finnicky as fuck. But remember,it differs from good design of usual russian gear as it's made so soldiers will only drink when they have time to unfasten it and have permission from the officer and not in the middle of battle.

And add to the fact that most soldiers carried alcohol in theirs.

EDIT: My phone just died so I'll whip some shizzle up in MS paint.

On the bag,It turns out it's not military issue,I've read the faded tag a bit and It's made by a sports company,in 1970s. Bloody fantastic quality though,the canvas is invincible and it can hold a massive amount of stuff. It's veshmeshok based though.

Found it on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/126187354/soviet-vintage-backpack-rucksack-large

EDIT EDIT: shitty MS paint pictures! All of this is assuming the chain is removed,I'm going to replace it with some paracord. The chain kind of ruins this whole method.

You might already do this though :F

http://imgur.com/VvRm6S4

• Supporters

Oh right, that's more of an alpen rucksack than a veshmeshok, i think. Cool yeah, but the strap/loop design is sort of iconic. I washed my unissued one to get the stores-stench out of it and the colour bled out more than i expected, but it looks so cool now. I'll get some pics together sometime and put them in the Loadout Pics thread.

Yeah, if i've understood your diagrams, and fair fcuks to you for info presentation skills btw, i use it pretty much the same, except i do the button up - it's just bloody annoying compared to a canteen that goes in a pouch which stays attached to the belt. I don't trust it to stay on my belt when i run without the button done up, but i need to figure out some way of stopping it bouncing about like a tit fantasy anyway. I wish i could understand Russian so i could take part in discussions on Russian ex-service forums, because they must have found a way to stop their personal supply of tank anti-freeze from being such a ball ache!

• Supporters

My Hatch Centurion Knee Pads turned up :D They have a ridge in the foam that feels like it will stop them falling down, as well as the coolaboola QD strap buckles. I'm not sure they could be any better unless they were made out of titanium armour...

5qmo.jpg

An A&K SVD for £62 action hobbies was in faulty section of sale items under two tone but hey for 62 quid I ain't gonna worry about colour. Fixed problem with it in less than 20 mins once found how to strip it down, was a small piece of wire spring on the safety catch which had come out of a locating hole. Job done now to upgrade a few items ie hop, inner barrel, wood kit and of coarse the infamous sight for it