The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Indeed. The bokken isn't rubber, its poly carbonate. (Misleading last post, just the knife is rubber)

Was expecting it to be a little weaker than it is. But you can strike really solid objects and it just keeps it shape. Already destroyed 3 boxes. The end is also for some reason strong enough to pierce its way through multiple layers of thick cardboard when you stab with it LOL.

Anyone looking at cold steel training products, DO IT.

Tempted to get another sword so i can have little battles with my brother XD Wanting an actual Tanto (Because tantos are just sexy) from them so might just wait til i have the cash for that. As of next month i'll have -£300 to my name unless i find a job soon XD

• Supporters

Yeah, tantos are very cool, but sjamboks are better!

Most sites operate with a "it must bend about 70-90degrees" so no, these things are very rigid, so not really skirmish friendly.

I'm pretty sure my local site will allow me to use it during our private games when we book out their sites though. They know us to be safe and responsible.

Really it can't do any damage than an airsoft gun can. Yes its pointy and solid, but walk round a corner with a rifle and poke someone in the face, that's going to do a lot of damage too. Especially with some of the flash hider designs around.

• Supporters

I wouldn't poke someone with a rifle I'd shove it where the sun ain't mean't to shine and pull :P

I bought Three rubber band thing's and I've already forgotten what they say on them...

• Supporters

They allow Cold Steel training swords at the GZ Weekender. I have one of these:

rubber-training-knives-92r14bbc.jpg

It's a semi-permanent part of my loadouts. Although knives and bayonets aren't allowed at ordinary games at my local site, they allow me to carry it for the cool factor - I just don't use it. Night games are a different story though ;) I suspect that they don't care how rigid it is because I'm 45: I'm not going to go all adrenaline monster and accidentally ram it through somebody's throat! There are rules for knife/melee weapon kills though. Usually it's that you just tap the target. For stealth kills, you tap the target and whisper "knife kill" in their ear and they don't shout "hit".

Kamysh Assault Vest from Russia, £65 inc. postage. My black balaclava, looks like :ph34r: and self-adhesive velcro strips turned up today, though they are white. Is fine for the backing of the patch, but need it ideally to be a more military colour. I'm thinking food colouring, bowl, splishy-splash, huzzah. In that order. :rolleyes:

They allow Cold Steel training swords at the GZ Weekender. I have one of these:

It's a semi-permanent part of my loadouts. Although knives and bayonets aren't allowed at ordinary games at my local site, they allow me to carry it for the cool factor - I just don't use it. Night games are a different story though ;) I suspect that they don't care how rigid it is because I'm 45: I'm not going to go all adrenaline monster and accidentally ram it through somebody's throat! There are rules for knife/melee weapon kills though. Usually it's that you just tap the target. For stealth kills, you tap the target and whisper "knife kill" in their ear and they don't shout "hit".

How can they not allow rubber knives??? Kill joys :P

Need to buy another rubber bayonet. Lost the last one after i walked into a tree. Fits on the G36 quite nicely, however doesn't lock unless you file down the plastic.

• Supporters

Yeah I know, but they let us use them at night and let's be real, how often can you get close enough to someone in daylight for a knife kill? Pretty much only if you're hiding behind cover as they pass, right? But at night... der der duh der, der der duh der... we enter the twiglet zone! I'm not so sure I want some of the kids we get running around with rubber bayonets on their guns either :lol: I don't know how of the top of my head, but I know it would end in tears!

Is that the standard rubber M4 bayonet that needs filing to fit a G36?

Edit: oh yeah, I just bought 2 x King Arms 200rd High Capacity BB Loader - BK - £8.43 delivered from AirsoftTiger111Hk (they're on sale and the supporter's discount is worth a whole 0.30 USD)

Also bought 10 pk of 20mm ladder lock buckles for webbing from fleabay - £1.98 (for custom PLCE webbing)

And a pair of Black CS95 kecks from Magnum for a nice fair price.

And an A&K 50rnd Mid Cap Mag for Dragunov SVD - £18.98 inc P&P from Action Hobbies

And an OD Soviet Star Cap Badge - £2.30 from cosmixx_one on fleabay

Yeah it is.

And i've got a fair few knife kills during the day. Although my friends acknowledge me as a ninja during skirmishes.

I've a few DDPM pouches if your interested

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the vest anyway.

• Supporters

1 x ICS AK Selector Plate - £6.50

1 x British Army Ration Vegetable Dahl - £1.50

Shipping from Zero One - £3.00

Total £11

6 x AEG Piston Head O-Rings = £5.10 inc P&P from Lees Precision Engineering

WE P228 and spare mag

Box of 0.25 blasters

3x emags

All arrived today from a London retailer, 228 is pretty good on initial firing but we shall really see tomorrow in the woodland of norfolk

WE P228 and spare mag

Box of 0.25 blasters

3x emags

All arrived today from a London retailer, 228 is pretty good on initial firing but we shall really see tomorrow in the woodland of norfolk

I'm thinking about possibly getting one of these (or their P229), so I'd be very interested to hear your opinions on how it is.

Picked up a Madbull 510mm 6.01mm tightbore, systema rubber and nub and some other parts. Hopefully I'll get my L85 shooting more that 6 metres...

• Supporters

so this week :-

3 100rd mags for my G18c AEP

3 300mAh lipo's for G18c AEP, smallest lipo's i have seen, and fit perfectly in the battery space ... soo cute too :lol::lol:

3 450rd m4 hicaps (thanks again Qlimax)

to be delivered:-

Eagle6 AEP spring and AEP battery adapter (both from Eagle6, and according to there webby being "processed" <_< )

3 450rd hicaps (from HK)

Warrior 901 chest rig

Warrior medium utility pouch

Warrior slim line holster

2xWarrior DM4 (4xMag') pouches

1xWarrior SM4 (1xMag') pouch

Warrior double pistol pouch

Warrior back panel

Warrior hydro pack

Warrior adjustable radio pouch

Warrior roll up dump pouch

Warrior folding dump pouch

ACM Admin

ACM FG PACA armour

Toy Soldier medium replica SAPI plates

And a partridge in a pare treeeeeeeeee!

• Supporters

That can't have been cheap, Sam!

It is second hand but advertised as used once. And was a bargain. Sold my DCS etc. that sold in record time and had 8 people after it.

Shame to sell the DCS but I wanted a plain coloured rig as going for more of a PMC look than full military. Could not afford to buy new kit and keep old one.

• Supporters

PLCE Hippo Pad - fiver-ish delivered from Fleabay

AK side mount 20mm rail modified to fit SVD - tenner-ish delivered from Fleabay

Pair of Hatch Centurion Knee Pads in OD - fifteen quid-ish delivered from fleabay.

Pair of ESS Advancer V12 Goggles from our own dear Mike636

Set of ICS MC-108 High Speed Low Noise Helical Gears - US$59 inc P&P - from commandairsoft

My Alfa Group arrived from Ukraine! Quality. My dilemma is now how to velcro back it. It worked on my russia flag, as it was iron-on, and it sticks very well to plastic, but I'm not sure how to go about a much larger patch. I also adapted my Dutch DPm shirt to have velcro pockets, however, said velcro does not like to affix to fabric. Any ideas?

• Supporters

I don't understand the problem, Jubigala. Do you mean you haven't considered sewing the velcro to the patch? Surely not? If that is the case, you can get iron on velcro. Dunno how good it is - I sew...

I'm thinking about possibly getting one of these (or their P229), so I'd be very interested to hear your opinions on how it is...

All I can say is its a great weapon, very well made, no issues at all, ran it as a primary for one game just for giggles and got more kills than I expected for woodland, kick is great, shoots true and the range is very good indeed considering its shorter than the 226, highly recommended especially for the price

Just waiting on the delivery man now who has my new G&G UMP, extra mags and a couple more emags for my M4

I know the top tech3's are coming but we all know they will hike the price up just for having a MOSFET fitted and will the MOSFET actually be any good or just a cheap Chinese kiosk off that plays up?? Less is more in my mind sometimes

• Supporters

That's a good price beermonster, which is good because you'll probably only get much use out of the pants. You'll get way too hot running around in a waterproof top. For me it soon gets to the stage where being rained on feels lovely for the cooling... It's the sitting/kneeling in puddles/mud and walking through wet grass getting my calves soaked which then trickles down into my otherwise impervious boots that pisses me off - ex issue goretex DPM's for me.