What is this gun?

Vyking
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was researching a classified, went to wiki and saw this picture

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ahar_Darreh.jpg

Now it's obviously a marksman's rifle built on a G3 frame. But it isn't an MSG3 because the stock doesn't have the raised cheekpiece and adjustable end cap, has a standard G3 flash hider and it doesn't have the PSG style trigger. All I can think it could be is a SG-1 with a slightly longer barrel and a RIS handguard, or have I missed something in class?

• Supporters
It's not an msg90, not an sg-1 either.

ive got no idea.. i'll look into it

Really my guess would have be a moded MSG90A1 :huh:

hk_msg90a1.jpg

Now I want to know what the hell that gun is :D

• Supporters

haha, the psg-1 and msg are in my top 3 guns :P

but its got a different stock, barrel, handguard and scope.

It an a3 based dmr i reckon- possibly doesnt have a real designation- however it a bundeswehr rifle, so it cant be too hard to find out- saying that the only bundeswehr dmr (that im aware of is the msg3- basiccaly the msg90) therefore i cant think what it is- i'd guess its just a modified g3a3/sg1

• Supporters
haha, the psg-1 and msg are in my top 3 guns :P

but its got a different stock, barrel, handguard and scope.

Sorry and DAMN I was meaning the G3 but I also disagree with you on some points sir

Im with you on the Barrel and the rails, but its a standerd HK stock with the cheek rest taken off you can tell buy the placement on the loop and that is a HK scope clamp but its a custom gun, what makes you think it would have a stock scope?

I need to ask what's your other gun is on your top 3

bundeswehrsniperinchaha.jpg

I now miss my old G3 :) can you buy a handguard like that for the G3?

• Supporters

The msg90 has a completely different stock, different shape- the one in the picture sure isnt an msg stock. and if its a military issued rifle I don't think they'd be allowed to change the optics?

My other top 3 is the m39 emr

Oh and yeah, you can get that ris

• Supporters
The msg90 has a completely different stock, different shape- the one in the picture sure isnt an msg stock. and if its a military issued rifle I don't think they'd be allowed to change the optics?

My other top 3 is the m39 emr

Oh and yeah, you can get that ris

Not the MSG90 marksman the G3

HK%20G3%20(2).jpg

Looking at the kit I dont think it is military and I dont think any army in Afghanistan uses the G3 anymore (or any other old HK guns), I would say thats a mercs gun

Well looks like I know what my next purchase is going to be... thanks for the opinions guys

i may be wrong but i think it may be a m110 american semi-automatic sniper rifle

• Supporters
We realise its a bundeswehr g3 variant, we were wondering what the designation is

It's got to be a ris'd sg1, I reckon the photo is older than it looks

A SG1 is a G3 its a G3SG1 :P

Gee Marksman, shortening acronyms even further? In future you now must use the full title- Gewehr drei Scharfschutzegewehr eins lol.

There is a sentence in the wiki that I missed earlier saying some variants are still in use. As it would be firing 7.62 NATO, which is a marksman round, it is conceivable that maybe there are some modded G3 DMRs or semi-auto sniper systems in service. I don't think it's a merc- the guy is wearing Wustentarn, has German flags on his T-shirt and the picture is credited to a Petty Officer Wayman who Google reveals to be some sort of official US Navy photographer, unlikely they would take official pictures of contractors showing off gear.

Yeah... GBB G3 with an option to RIS the forend, I'd sell a sizeable chunk of my kit to purchase something like that. Would you ask for a RIS optics rail or a classic claw mount?

• Supporters
Gee Marksman, shortening acronyms even further? In future you now must use the full title- Gewehr drei Scharfschutzegewehr eins lol.

There is a sentence in the wiki that I missed earlier saying some variants are still in use. As it would be firing 7.62 NATO, which is a marksman round, it is conceivable that maybe there are some modded G3 DMRs or semi-auto sniper systems in service. I don't think it's a merc- the guy is wearing Wustentarn, has German flags on his T-shirt and the picture is credited to a Petty Officer Wayman who Google reveals to be some sort of official US Navy photographer, unlikely they would take official pictures of contractors showing off gear.

Yeah... GBB G3 with an option to RIS the forend, I'd sell a sizeable chunk of my kit to purchase something like that. Would you ask for a RIS optics rail or a classic claw mount?

It was a official US Navy photographer but it still mite be a pic of a PMC, as for the flag if I was working in Afghanistan with the US army I would have flags and a sign saying "Im scottish dont shot me you yankee *****" we are talking about the people who tried to shoot down one of there own stealth bombers with a patriot missile LOL

I would go with the Railed handguard and claw mount just so you keep that classic G3 outline

Archived