Gaddafi DEAD!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Love to see the statistics on how many people are killed by random bullets falling from the air.

Still, lets see what the new government can do. Im sure it will be wonderful until they realize how much money they can make, as long as they keep a little bit for them selves. Oh and a little bit more. Taking some out of the hospital fund, they wont mind... and so on.

We will see.

did you see the gold browning hp he had in three week's that will be on ebay

It's good to see some of the "nasty people" leave this World but I wonder about our Governments gradual progression to a policy of regime change, what sort of trouble are we brewing by continually poking our Noses in to other Countries business? :(

did you see the gold browning hp he had in three week's that will be on ebay

"TM have released the new Dictator weapon range! Starting with the Golden Browning HP. Next month, the portable SCUD launcher".

Who would say no?

"TM have released the new Dictator weapon range! Starting with the Golden Browning HP. Next month, the portable SCUD launcher".

Who would say no?

I reckon in a weeks times WE will announce their hi-power will be avaliable in gold plate (and without ladder sights).

Interesting that the Beeb (and I assume other Brit TV channels) decided to show the photos and film of the dead Gaddafi. Some of it (the video of him being dragged around) was pretty... errr... graphic for daytime TV.

Be interesting to see what happens to the NTC now - a coalition made up of so many people with so many different aims - the one thing uniting them being their hatred of Gaddafi.

Also - anyone else chuckle at during the BBC broadcast showing that collection of rebels/NTC soldiers - where that old guy was proudly clutching on to and showing off his FN-F2000 (with suppressor, FN sight and 40mm 'nade launcher)? Couldn't help but laugh.

• Supporters

This is one of those events where I really wonder, will it make a difference?

I think though, that Europe needs to take a step back and look at his death. We helped the rebels do that and is it not our way that he should have been given a fair trial and a chance to speak in his defense?

Sure, he was their leader and their villain and no Libya isn't in Europe, nor are we the world police, but should we be getting behind people who take a wounded man who reportedly begs for his life and just shoot him in the face without any chance to defend himself? I don't think so. We all knew he was dead, but think about it; even Saddam got a fair trial. Bin Laden, if he'd been taken alive, would have gotten a trial (though let's be honest, he'd never be taken alive and he'd never have much chance of it being entirely fair).

It's ridiculously complicated, I just wonder if we went a bit too far this time, or rather, not far enough?

Hmm.

Sure, he was their leader and their villain and no Libya isn't in Europe, nor are we the world police, but should we be getting behind people who take a wounded man who reportedly begs for his life and just shoot him in the face without any chance to defend himself? I don't think so. We all knew he was dead, but think about it; even Saddam got a fair trial. Bin Laden, if he'd been taken alive, would have gotten a trial (though let's be honest, he'd never be taken alive and he'd never have much chance of it being entirely fair).

I agree with most of what you have said. But then a lot of people will be thinking "well, all those civilians he had murdered couldnt defend themselves, and they hadnt even done anything wrong, except maybe try and have a voice". And if he had been taken to court - had there been any outcome other than death, it wouldnt have been enough for a great many deal of people in that country, or indeed around the world.

It is just a problem with that part of the world, the way it is run and the way it works. I dont think it will ever change. It seems alien and even mad to us, but over there its all about power (It is here too, but you know what i mean). On the low end of the scale, people dont have a lot of material wealth, but they can own respect and power, and with that comes the money. War is in our nature and a baser instinct. I guess the often brutal way of life brings it out.

Thats how i see it anyway. I am a bit of an pessimistic, realistic idealist, and can empathize or sympathize with most parties in many given stories. Makes wording what im thinking difficult though.

Im not sure there is a best outcome for this. All we can do now is wait and see what happens next.

According to the Wire sources the vast majority of Libyans received free education, healthcare and cheap housing I wonder how this will pan out when all the factions are fighting each other? :(

I dunno what you guys are talking about, i dont have enough energy to read it all. but im glad my dad wasn't called a "rat" by Guddafi when my dad lived there. :)

Well done rebels. Although, as a guy said on LBC 97.3, I'm glad the rebels killed the arse. but the celebration of another humans death is a bit OTT for me personally.

"Love to see the statistics on how many people are killed by random bullets falling from the air."

Yeah Cyrax, i'm interested aswell, A yank was arrested for killing a deer by doing that! Lol! Poor Deer.

They love shooting in the air because they are good at that...otherwise they couldn't hit a Cow's Arse with a Banjo :lol:

its a bit hard to do that Johnno, the cows go rage before you can look at them!

Archived