Powering my G&P Sentry

NickL
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there

I am about to order a G&P Sentry and am really torn about the power options. I know that lipo can be a little more involving but honestly it cant be too complex right...

From everything I have read it seems lipo is by far the superior battery. Can you actually justify the benefit it would give over NiMh? I have no previous gear or batteries so its not like I have anything to replace, I'm starting from fresh.

In the G&P crane stock I think its possible to fit a 9.6v 2300/2220Ah NiMh but it says for extended crane stock - not sure what the extended bit is and if it is applicable to my standard stock. Otherwise I would go with a 7.4v 2 cell stick lipo - I saw a a whole host of batts on component shop: http://component-shop.co.uk/html/7_4v_2s_packs.html but not sure which would fit in the buffer tube and which is best suited (20C is ok). Would also install into the stock a low batt indicator/alram: http://component-shop.co.uk/html/lipo.html (thinking the middle of the 3 at bottom of the page as it incorporates a speaker) So need space for both.

I don't know anything about charging of the lipos though. What charger would you recommend, plus the balance unit, I'd need the full package. Basically the simplest set up with the least potential for going wrong, i.e. one with an auto cut off or something. Does the auto cut off know when to cut for any battery capacity/voltage you charge? One best suited to charge 7.4v which works hassle free with the balance unit. Would there be cables to buy as well, for connecting batt to charger + batt to gun and the voltage alarm too...

Sorry that I have asked so many questions. I'm very new to all this and only started researching recently. Pretty sure I have covered every single question required about complete setup up for the power, don't hesitate to add anything further if its going to help me out.

Hope to hear lots of invaluable information from all you experienced airsofters

Nick

Edit/Delete Message

the main problem with lipo is it is a strange system and if you get it wrong, well i hope your gun has fuses, if not then i have heard of some spectacular things happening to the poor people involved's guns.

Archived