Airsoft lethality thresholds

Deva
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there any way to lower the fps without opening it up.

(I doubt it is still ogver 370, as I bought it at roughly 370, but I've had it for a while, so I'd say with use it's probs gone down to 360-something) need a chrono, any where I can get one for around £50?

Also everybody must bear in mind that unitill written into an act of parliament, or set as precedent by a court case, then you could in court contest the result of the tests, making them more police policy than law

• Supporters

You could fire it on auto for a really long time, or fire it on auto, stop firing when the spring's compressed and then leave the spring compressed for a hell of a long time.

Depends how much over the 373 limit it is. 10 or so fps ought to wear off it with some general use in the garden or whatever.

I wouldn't worry about the full auto solution wearing out the gun though, KWA rifles are built like nuclear bunkers.

• Supporters

I know it is stupid. But Airsoft guns are replicas, where as air guns rarely are.

So despite not intending to pull the trigger when using either one to rob a shop, as it would give away the gun wasn't real, it's easier to use the less dangerous in terms of power because more people will fail to realise it isn't real.

The laws are in place more to cause people less grief at the sight of them than at the pain they can register. Or at least, that seems to be what the laws enforce.

But granted, it is stupid. Especially when you think about it in terms of, Airsoft guns being designed to shoot people with and air rifles are 50% of the time designed to kill animals lol.

I know its a tad off topic, but reading the last few posts made me think-

'Cant a bank robber/gun-man just spray the top of his real steal pistol blue, to gain a certain amount of edge against victims or police forces?'

and thus surely is it not easier for a real steal to gain an amount of defence from ukara than it is harder for an airsoft gun to actually cause direct harm to someone? (Not including idiots who take them out in public and get zapped by the rozzers)

My second point is this : Would Leinads gun be legal if he fitted a mosfet which only allowed single shot? The weapon would be immediately uncapable of firing auto, and not any more capable than any other gun to be modified to shoot illegal limits? (For example ive seen a gas l96 in the classifieds with a custom bolt which can be set to shoot up to 700fps).

The question here is how difficult must it be to change the weapons charecteristics for the weapon to be legal? is a fire selector or fps selector good enough, or even welded shut gearboxes which cannot be modified?

• Supporters

I think i read somewhere someone tryed to do that to bring a pistol into the UK but dunno my brain imagine`s me fighting hoard`s of undead super nazi zombie`s allday everyday apart from obvious times lol

2. a mosfet is removeable so say it take`s me ten to 30 min`s to change my tappet plate i think it is offically named by everyone but me and it take`s leinad 2 min`s to remove his geuss what it`s illegal for him to do it same as the whole two-tone thing really Ask The second almighty god of AFUK Finius as he is the forum legal begal

I think it's based off the RIFs initial state; however it was built and came out of the factory determines how it would be classed forever more; no matter what's done to it.

Much like you can't have say; a Real AK that's converted to single action, but ones built and designed as straight pull would be legal...

• Supporters
I know its a tad off topic, but reading the last few posts made me think-

'Cant a bank robber/gun-man just spray the top of his real steal pistol blue, to gain a certain amount of edge against victims or police forces?'

and thus surely is it not easier for a real steal to gain an amount of defence from ukara than it is harder for an airsoft gun to actually cause direct harm to someone? (Not including idiots who take them out in public and get zapped by the rozzers)

This exact thing crossed my mind a fair few times as well, but I guess the law only deals with what is, not what could be. Obviously the penalties would be the same whether a real gun was blue or not, but I see what you mean. It's just that no one would try to rob a bank or whatever, with a blue gun because people would think it was fake and they'd probably be forced to fire it to prove otherwise, by which point it would've made more sense to just have it a normal colour. So this seems unaccounted for with regard to the law, simply because doing it would be pointless lol.

Also, you can apparently buy blank firing guns legally in the UK so long as they're a bright colour and apart from the fact they don't put holes in the wall, few people would know the difference between them and real guns.

Archived