DMR Upgrades

rusty1109
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm looking at turning my SR-25K into what it should be, a DMR rifle.

First order of business will be to get it tuned back up because I had it de-tuned for use at the mall. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a tune up done?

After that I'm looking at a precision barrel, but after a LOT of reading I'm still none the wiser as to what diameter to go for, does anyone have any hands on experience with precision barrels of different diameters? Preferably with advice on where to source said barrel in the UK.

After that I am looking to change the hop rubber, can anyone recommend one? Again with a source preferably.

I don't think that I'll be able to change the hop unit itself because the SR-25 has funky magazines, am I right?

The aim is to be able to reach out a little further and put more rounds on target / reduce stray round occurance.

With that in mind can anyone think of anything else worth doing?

Cheers all,

Rusty

Well:

Barrle Bore is a debatible subject: some say tight others say wide. The best barrles are made by edgi,

Now PDI sell acuracy barrels that are 6.08 so it is up to you find what you like.

Hop-up rubber: EVERY gun has its own prefered rubber (much like people te he) so you will have to see what your gun likes, for exaple my gun cant stand madbull red but it likes G&G cold resistant.

As for the hop-up there are a few basic modds you can do to improve it. read this:

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/index.c...amp;thread=1291

Any more questions just ask :P

Cam.

That is what I am leaning towards, I'm off to the faklands in a few weeks anyway so plenty of time to plan (and save for!) my ideal DMR setup.

Ok I have decided to go for a 6.03 mm barrel.

Now the question is what make to go for?

Ones I have seen are:

Madbull

Prometheus

Ultimate

And I am sure there are others.

Any advice about that?

Also anyone know a good way to pad out the inside of my RIS to stabilise my outer barrel?

Cheers,

Rusty

• Supporters

if you can, get a pdi- much higher quality.

if not get a prometheus barrel.

i wouldn't bother padding it- the barrel should be secure enough as it is so i wouldnt worry.- i would however use barrel spacers (made of tape) on the inner barrel, between it and the outer barrel. this will stabilise it and reduce vibrations, thus increasing accuracy

Archived