Fragmentation

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If that is what it is called, when BB's break and go through the small holes in the mesh, should I wear glasses underneath or is it very unlikely, its just the glasses fog up under the mask! What do you think?

ive only seen bb's fragmenting if there very cheap one's but i were mesh glasses that shouldnt let that happen

You'll be fine with just the mesh mate. Nobody uses cheap bbs in a skirmish because they'll foul the gun. I play a lot of CQB with a full face and it's all good.

Never had a bb at a skirmish smash and disintagrate against my mesh goggles, even close range. Been using them for 2 years or so and have had a fair few hits there.

Actually, it can happen. A team-mate of mine had it happen at Dragon Valley a year or two ago. As DV are very strict on the FPS of guns, it wasn't from a high power sniper but from a standard AEG. Obviously not aware if the shooter was using crap BB's but my team-mate did have some fragments go through the mesh, although the mesh itself was not broken in any way.

I have seen more bb's go under shooting glasses than shatter on mesh, and I know which I would perefer to happen. Everyone has has had a close call of one sort or another, I am happy with mesh and will continue to use it, unless light conditions are too low.

Archived