bb colours

lil airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There isn't really a reason, it's just that high fps guns tend to need a heavier BB to retain accuracy at range and high fps guns tend to be snipers and with snipers shots need to count.

So basically heavy BBs are darker so they're harder to see, helping snipers stay out of sight.

As to why you can get white, yellow, green, blue and black BBs, I've no idea.

• Supporters

I think it's so it's easier to distinguish between different weights if BBs. Also, heavy ones are darker so makes people less likely to see where sniper shots are coming from.

Tracer BBs are for dark/night games, so you can see where they're going, but they also give your position away much easier.

White - I assume this is because people want to be able to see (sort of) their ammunition - so they can tell if they're missing the target or not. You can just see the bbs - but not too much.

Black ammunition is generally for people who wish to remain hidden. Since you can get it in 0.2, I assume there are AEG/GBB users who want to be hidden too.

You can get 'tracer' ammunition. Glows in the dark - providing you have the tracer unit. I've seen them in blue and white, but that's not to say those are the only colours. I have no idea how useful they are in nightfights. (One of our team bought some - but didn't have the tracer unit. They were useless in the dark)

Also not mentioned -I've seen a few sites selling olive-drab, khaki, tan and brown bbs. I'm not sure what these colours are for, but - I do know that the Welsh airsoft site that is also a current MoD CQB village training facility only lets people airsoft there if they have one of those colours (they don't like their training sites to be covered in little white/orange/blue bbs)

• Supporters

A lot of it is probably down to personal preference if there's a market for black ones, why not make the most of it?

Maybe people with a regular AEG might not want their shots seen, or maybe black ones are cheaper to produce or something, who knows?

• Supporters

basically lighter ones are so you can see where youre shooting.

heavier ones (.36&higher) are darker so snipers remain concealed

tracers are so bb's are easier to see in the dark etc

obviously there are exceptions but this is the general idea

i normally use .03 black with .02 white mixed im for spotting and for night i swap the white for .02 glow in zee dark

• Supporters

What brand .30 blacks do you use?

maybe the guy who invented bbs was racist.and a martin luther king airsofter stood up.no offence to anyone im not racist just neutral.i think the main reason they have different colour for different uses. White bbs for zeroing in your scope.black bbs too remain hidden.camo coloured bbs for the nature friendly people who dont like the look of white bbs everywhere.and as liam said to identify different weights.

• Supporters

What weight black ones are you after?

Archived