Best Possible M4 Hop Setup?

Nadrian
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was looking at a 509mm Prometheus 6.03 tight bore barrel and a Prometheus Neo Strike Hop Chamber, but i'm stuck on the type of bucking/rubber the most voted ones i have seen are for systema bucking and an SCS nub OR firefly bucking with their nub. Any experiences with the above setup? or the above rubbers? Cheers.

P.S. i know the barrel is longer than a stock m4 :P but i'll have a silencer to compensate.

I was having a silencer for aesthetics anyway and buying a tight bore, so i'd rather have another 15cm for the sake of it :P I've read enough threads and some show that to an extent it improves accuracy and minimal range increase, thanks for the information on the rubbers though :) also ever used the firefly bucking/Know anything about it? cheers.

• Supporters

I've used it in a tm sopmod, seemed pretty good, but not in a normal AR15 type hop up.

The barrel won't add anything, accuracy nor range- the bb is too small and lift for it to make a difference, the inertia and momentum means it won't be affected by it. Tighter barrels reduce accuracy too, 6.01's are for high FPS', pdi, the company who makes the best barrels sell 6.08 for accuracy, the air gets around the bb more and cushions it from vibrations, get a shorter one, then you can take the supressor off as well if needed

You need to remember these arent real guns, real steel firearms physics doesnt apply

Any idea where to get the PDI 6.08 mm barrels? and thanks for the info:) also jw if the 6.08 mm barrels are advertised as the best for accuracy why is everyone still under the presumption that 6.03>Stock is the way to go (stock barrels are around that diameter) Cheers

Archived