Holy Wireless Detonator Batman

Flynn567
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i purchased a set of these some time ago and ther are brilliant, if not for airsoft good for pure entertainment. i intend on taking them to GZ woodland for some pyro based mischief.

it was announced last week in the briefing that they will now be allowing remote detonated pyros, and as there is no hot burning fuse involved in the igniting they wouldn't be a problem :)

Ohhhhh, well then thats a whole different story... I could see using smokes with these to be handy...

This changes my opinion completely, I'll definetly get one if I can use it at GZW

For Zeroone there is a very in depth description:

This is a great piece of kit if you are looking to set a cunning trap, making you completely in control of when and how you use it with the handy remote control. Messy wires that can give away your position are a thing of the past! The beauty of this package is it's simplicity and ease of use - just hold down the learn button for three seconds then press the desired trigger button on your transmitter and hey-presto you are set-up and ready to go. Now all you need to do is connect up the electric pyro of your choice and wait for that perfect moment to spring your trap from afar, and giggle to yourself as you watch them walking off to the dead zone!

Zero One AlphaFire 1Q Wireless Detonator Set Features...

Up to 200 meters range!

Easy to pair detonator to remote, takes 30 seconds.

Immediate detonation on button press from transmitter.

Simply connect pyro connecting wires onto squeeze terminals of detonator receiver (we suggest buying ZEROPY008 so you don't blow the device up with the explosion or smoke heat).

Pair an unlimited amount of detonators to one remote key for simultaneous detonations!

These devices even work from one end of our urban site to the other!

Great for ambushes or diversions!

Realistic modern replacement for claymores.

What's in the box...

1x Wireless Detonator Receiver

1x Wireless Remote Transmitter

Instructions

Requires 4x BT00089 AAA Batteries (Not Included)

And they detonate electric detonated grenades and smokes. Not normal pyros

Edit: Link to electric ignition products sold by zeroone

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=266_413

Also you may have missed the blurb above as it is only on the single remote det package, not on the multiple ones.

Well, my basic A level knowledge suggests so. I have just gone on amazon, ordered a wireless doorbell with 2 receivers, and one sender for £6.49 delivered. So in theory if what I'm planning works I can produce the same technology for under a tenner, with 2 receivers. Saving £30...

It wont look as cool, but it will have the same effect, and apparently has the same 100m range.

I'll do a full run through as I complete the project...I'm just ordering a couple of smoke grenades to test my theory, and i'll have a full review for friday :)

CK

• Supporters

really.

Essentially, what you are doing with this is leaving lit fireworks all over the forrest/play area.

Explosives are NOT toys. What we use for airsofting are legally classed as fireworks.

By allowing average joe to buy these, zero one have made a stupid mistake, and it won't be long until someone is seriously injured by one of these devices.

It may not burn with a hot fuse, but an explosion is still an explosion, and if this goes off underneath someone who wasn't aware it was there, there could be serious consequences.

I strongly advise you not to purchase this item, but if you insist on it, for the love of god keep in sight of any set up devices at all times.

An understandable concern, I certainly wouldn't appreciate diving for cover on one to have it go off in my face...

If these are legally classed as fireworks, then you would have to be 18 to buy them. I couldn't see any such requirements, but maybe as I'm logged in and they have my Proof of age on system it doesn't show up for me. (I checked LWA where it does require 18+ to buy pyros)

I meant the pyro itself on zeroone, but as I say, it may just be as my proof of age is registered with them.

Time for a plan B i suppose, I dont much fancy being on the angry end of someone after one of these goes wrong.

As long as people aren't retarded and exercise i little common sense it will be perfectly safe, i for one wouldn't spend time setting up and concealing a maroon and detonator only to bugger off and set it off out of my line of sight, on the off chance that somebody will be in range.

i'm sure of the organizers of GZ woodland didn't think it was safe they wouldn't even entertain the idea of allowing them on the site. the pyros available to be used with the remote dets are no more "dangerous" than the pyros used by GZ (2 mates i went with had a large flare/rocket land betwen them nearly missing them both)

I would imagine they will limit players to the use of only the smaller maroons to make it "safer". as for the remote doorbell idea.....i approve :) home made gadgets are good, not as cool as the real thing but cool none the less.

These are on my Xmas list for sure- mainly for use in film. Please update on that doorbell project though... would love to save some cash although won't it all start to look a little bit.... terroristy? I mean, men wearing camouflage, playing soldiers at weekends getting access to lowgrade explosives... reads like a GCHQ training manual.

i guess form a nosy paranoid outsiders point of view it could appear to be a bit "terroristy" but its all in the name of fun, i can see the potential for a new load out........Taliban anyone?

• Supporters

I would agree that homemade gadgets are cool providing they stick to the following rule:

Rule 1, and the only rule to really follow with homemade gadgetry: IT DOES NOT INVOLVE EXPLOSIVES!

remember that you are rigging this thing to explode, and a crossed wire or missed solder could set it off with no warning at an 'undesirable' time.

Extreme caution when using the shop bought one will render it usably safe.

Nothing could render a homemade explosive device safe enough to be used at any sensible site.

I agree that a badly made gadget could well be dangerous, however i believe the same applies to home made as it does to shop bought, as long as enough common sense is used than both can be safe, but im sure no site will allow a homemade remote detonator to be used.........health and safety ruins all the fun

I phoned Zeroone today, a) They can't post the Electric Ignition pyro's,

and B) GZW you can only use small or medium marroons.

Also my homemade device work has begun, now attempting to do something not involving an explosive, to keep the locals happy.

My original plans were involving smoke grenades, apparently those aren't allowed at GZW, making this whole thing pretty pointless, I have grenades.

Now for a new plan....

saved me finding out for my self good work :)

If you wish to buy pyros form zero one im sure they will take them to one of their sites and you can collect in person (i did this with my BFG)

small and medium maroons are fine, but its a shame they don't allow smokes, i wonder why that is? :S

Archived