Celcius CTW - purchased from JD Airsoft and impressed

Sunray
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New on here but just wanted to share my thoughts on a new gun I've just purchased.

Had finally got the cash together to get myself a Systema - £1350 is a lot of dough at the moment but hey its all for a good cause :lol: , so went to JD Airsoft in Cannock as he's local to me as I new he stocked Systema's as I'd been drooling over them in his shop before but was advised into the new Celcius CTW.

Got given all the facts by Ross who works there (its basically a Systema clone, and all the internals are interchangeable) but you get change from £650 and I have to say I'm VERY VERY impressed.

I managed to get the gun, 2 Lipo batteries, 6 mags, a RIS, a case and an ACOG sight for less than £900 and so I've got change to treat the missus to something as a 'peace gesture'.

This thing is amazing - the rate of fire is cool with a an 11.1V 2400 mah battery, its real steel weight and size and so can fit all the Gucci accessories, it has a tighter 6.00mm barrel as standard and has the same range as my mates Systema!! It also has the working bolt catch thingy and it has a blue LED in the gearbox which flashes when your battery is getting low - sweet!

It comes will a full warranty for a year (wheras the Systema doesn't), and I have to admit that it has to be 97% as good as my mates Systema (there is a tiny little wobble between the upper and lower receivers - hence the 3% knock down) but for half the cash!

Anybody else got one of these as feel I've been missing out for an age as I could have got one ages ago due to the cheaper price?

Stand fast and fight hard fella's :rolleyes:

I have heard mainly bad things about Celcius CTW's, but I hear their latest model is a good RIF. Personally I dont really rate Systema's or Celcius as Value for money, but I see the appeal.

Whilst the price tag on a CTW is better, if you could do a full review I may consider trading in my sopmod for one :)

CK

I will gladly do a full review, but I am away on business from tomorrow evening for a week so it will have to wait until I return, sorry.

I will also wait until I get the Vanaras magazines and the cylinder upgrade kit which I have ordered and do a complete review - watch this space!!!

• Supporters

which generation did you buy? Ive heard they were terrible with the odd few good ones (1in30 kind of thing?)

Im interested to read your review though, looking forward to it.

Id expect jamming issues with that inner barrel though

I'd remove a 6.00 barrel, and just use a 6.03, thats slightly radiculous... do they take standard inner barrels?

As above, their quality control is meant to be rubbish. However it may have improved.

Morning,

Sorry for the late reply but been away on business until this morning.

I purchased the MX-2 which is the latest variation - its the one with the ported inner barrel (stainless steel and not brass as the MX-1) as standard, and the model which is completely compatible to the System PTW (including upgrade cylinders) so parts are interchangeable.

I have several mates with PTW's and as mentioned before, the CTW (Celcius is 97%) as good as the there's - my CTW has a minor wobble between upper and lower receiver hence the 3% but I am a fussy git, but it has cost me over £700 less (when I take into account all the mag, upgrade costs etc etc).

I am seriously impressed with this weapon, its a very well made piece of kit.

I too was concerned with the 6.00 barrel, but I was told that if I use high grade BB's such as Madbull I should be fine, and so far not a single issue and I've done approx. 5,000 BB's through it already. Phil at JD Airsoft did tell me that he was getting in the Vanaras 6.03mm barrels which he hopes to have by the end of this month which he suggested I may want to put in IF i didnt want to always use high grade ammo (he said the cost would be about £45), but as I always use Madbull ammo anyway I cant see the point.

The barrels are different to the 'standard' Marui style - the CTW has the same hop mechanism as the PTW and so has a slightly different barrel to accomodate this

I'll try and get a complete review done this weekend so watch this space.

Seems a lot to fork out on an Airsoft Weapon but if you're happy with it and can afford it what does the cost matter? :-)

• 2 months later...

Just to keepyou all updated - CTW M4A1 still going strong, no issues at all, no jams with the tight 6.00mm barrel (using Madbull .25G BB's), nothing, nada!!!She is constantly crono'ing 332 - 336 fps and hasnt missed a beat.

Have ordered a M4 CQB Upper for her which apparentlyshould be available by March so you can have 1 x Lower with BOTH uppers for whatever site - NICE!!!

I have mangaed to loose one of the stock caps but thats me being an idiot - cant blame the weapon for that, and I ordered a spare (came as a pack of 2) and it was delivered in 2 days - cant find fault so far...

Will put another post in a few months time with another update but so far it appears that CTW may take the training weapon crown from PTW - £1500 for virtualy the same gun, where's the logic???? :blink:

Archived