Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cameron364

What Gas?

18 posts in this topic

Just wondering what gas they run off, is it Green Gas or Propane and what are the pros/cons of both gases?

Green gas and Propane are the same thing! The difference between them is Green gas is Propane mixed with silicon oil, thats it! So you can use either, but if you use propane your need to lubricate you gun your self after each use.

What gas is better for a first GBB pistol, I do have some silicon oil in a dropper bottle, but what would I do, what is the process of lubing a pistol?

Is go with propane, beginner or expert it by far the cheapest

Best thing to do is go on youtube. Airsplat made a really good video on maintaining pistols, I cant find the link in my bookmarks, so have a search on utube- it can't be that hard to find

get green gas and you have to lube it less and it is easier to get on site generally.

It's way too expensive though

Green gas is propane with added lube, get propane its miles cheaper.

You won't need to lube the gun more with propane either- just do as you would with green

not if you want consistent performance.

Yes you add 2 drops of silicon oil with the adapter, every 8-10 fills. The only thing i don't like about propane is the smell! Green Gas has a agent added to hide the smell of propane. But you get use to it and another thing don't smoke if your using a GBB/GBBR with propane in it, not a good idea.

Is there special airsoft propane becasue my Mum makes jewlerry and she uses propane for something, would that be alright but I just need to buy an adapter, also where do you get those from,

Thanks again, Cameron!

My Mum does use propane but she has a big cylinder of it, what I thought were portable Propane canisters actually turned out to be Butane, then I would have a black face and no eye brows!

My Mum does use propane but she has a big cylinder of it, what I thought were portable Propane canisters actually turned out to be Butane, then I would have a black face and no eye brows!

Butane is less powerful than propane