New top spec AEG proposal

NickL
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there

I'm new here to this forum and would very much appreciate some assistance.

I saw one gun that caught my eye - Echo 1 M4 full metal platinum: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32235

It has almost everything I am looking for in a new gun AEG

400+ fps

high rate of fire (20bb p/s)

Full metal parts

After searching the net I don't think its possible to get hold of one of these in the UK. So, can any one here recommend a gun with the attributes listed that i require of a the prospective weapon (or better). My budget is anything around £600/700 and I don't mind getting one upgraded or whatever to increase performance, so maybe one with upgrade-ability would be good too. For this money what is my best option? Must stress that it must be a full metal gun.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Nick

If you're in the UK, you won't be able to use a 400+ fps automatic at any skirmish sites. Most have a limit of between 350 and 375 fps. Echo 1 are just other brands rebranded in the USA, usually chinese clones. That one is a VFC M4. If it's an M4 you're after, your best bet is a G&P. Try Fire Support and Land Warrior. You'll be looking at about £250 - £350 for one. Another alternative, if you really have money to burn, is the new Tokyo Marui recoil M4s for a bit more cash.

• Supporters

Tm recoil shock guns, they do m4s, g36's, scar's and AK's. Bloody great guns, id say they're the best aegs on the market.

Though in the uk full auto at 400 FPS is a no go. FPS won't give you more range anyway, so you wouldn't gain anything

I went to my first game two weeks ago with the second coming up this weekend, so 1 more until I have my license. My knowledge of airsoft is very minimal indeed but I dont see why I can jump straight in to getting a great gun without working my way up. I'm an engineer so sure that i'll be able to tinker with all the bits and do any modifications myself.

I had a look at what LWA had to offer and was very pleased. Two guns looked very nice - The G&P Viper GP900 and the G&P Sentry GP901. I presume these are all predominantly metal bodies with the standard plastic bits as Ive gather from reviews. Would both of these shoot around 20 bbs per second and are they reasonably upgradable? Does having the longer barrel improve accuracy at the sacrifice of range, as I notice that the fps drops with some of the longer ones. Would a good hop-up unit be the way to get decent range from your gun?

Which in your opinion is the better AEG and can you justify your answer.

Thank you for helping me out with this.

Nick

• Supporters
I had a look at what LWA had to offer and was very pleased. Two guns looked very nice - The G&P Viper GP900 and the G&P Sentry GP901. I presume these are all predominantly metal bodies with the standard plastic bits as Ive gather from reviews. Would both of these shoot around 20 bbs per second and are they reasonably upgradable? Does having the longer barrel improve accuracy at the sacrifice of range, as I notice that the fps drops with some of the longer ones. Would a good hop-up unit be the way to get decent range from your gun?

All the g&p m4/m16's have the same internals, so just get which ever you prefer the look of most external-wise. they will be full metal apart from the stock which will be a strong plastic (g&p are known for making practically the best externals so no worries anywhere on it) They are 1st class guns.

longer barrels wont give any advantage in terms of accuracy of range, its the quality of barrel finish and hop diameter. the G&P hop up isnt bad, but a new hop rubber wouldnt go amiss.

it'll shoot roughly 20-25 rps and is completely upgradable. Not much i can fault it for.

I'd get the shorter barreled sentry- its very manuverable and well balanced, its popular for a reason

Basically, what he said ^

8mm bearing gearbox, one of the best hop up units out there (rubber can be suspect, although mine isn't), superb external finish, accurate with good range. I've had loads of AEGs, including CA and TM, and this is the best built piece of kit I've ever owned. No squeaks, rattles or general looseness at all. Solid as a rock.

MagM41.jpg

Not to everyones taste in dark earth and with all the Magpul stuff on it, but superior to anything else I've handled :)

Archived