URGENT - Fogging problem

Bullet Magnet
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need some quick advice please peeps.

Sure that there's something here about this already, but I really need a quick response.

I have ESS v12 goggles, I use them "open" to help, but unfortunately they still fog up real quick as soon as I start to "perspire". This happens after about 30 mins, and I'm stuffed after that and need to keep ducking and wiping.

Tomorrow night I'm on a 6 hour night milsim and so would really like to know if anyone has a household solution that will help prevent this happening. I've heard of people removing the foam from the vents surrounding the lenses. Does this help? Is it advisable?

I'm a biggish guy and so have the unfortunate problem of heavy perspiration when "exerting" myself, hence the constant probs.

PLEASE HELP.

Cheers

Yeah, I've tried that, but didn't seem to make much differance. but is was a bit dry, isn't it supposed to be damp??

Have you used the 'no fog cloth', I use it on my v12's and 2.4's and haven't had a problem

tried that, doing it every 5 mins or so, no joy. Tried spit too! LOL

When I went p'balling ages back I'm sure they said something about a weak washing up liquid solution.

Does that work does anyone know??

I just breath on them to steam them up the thoroughly wipe them- I do.it normally twice a day

Gonna get mesh at some point,

But where I usually play it's evening games, so alot of darkness.

Find mesh blocks out to much light, so prefer goggles for night games.

Don't like glasses, lack of side protection. And with night games, can easily end up flanked/flanking and getting hit from the side.

Have you tried using mesh or.just glasses?

Mods please merge, thanks ;)

I removed the foam on my V12's - it's there to keep the dust and sand out so doesn't really matter if you play woodland :)

I find they steam up if I am still for a while, but as soon as I am moving the airflow starts again and they clear. Remember you can also have the lenses slightly "open" to allow a greater airflow.

I'd also recommend Cat Crap that's used by bikers. It's a waxy coating you smear on the lens then buff off. I give them a couple of coats and re-coat at lunch if I am having problems. Got mine on Ebay - a little pot lasts ages!

tried that, doing it every 5 mins or so, no joy. Tried spit too! LOL

When I went p'balling ages back I'm sure they said something about a weak washing up liquid solution.

Does that work does anyone know??

As an ex-paintballer I can tell you that nothing worked completely for me,I've tried many applications and also very expensive masks...the washing-up liquid is a mild solution on the inner lense,but if they have anti-fog film it may come off...

what I done for a game yesterday, which pretty much worked all day was put a tiny bit of washing up liquid on the lenses the night before and roll it around so the WUL rolls all around the lense and then you just let it dry over night. In the morning before the game give the lenses a good ol buffing with a microfiber cloth and it should leave you fog free all day. wont stop sweat clogging up though.

Archived