How do you increase FPS?

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

And unless you are happy taking a V2 gearbox apart, leave it to someone who knows, as searching around for all the small bits when the box flys apart because you didn't hold it all together can be very frustrating.

You'll also need to know what spring is in there first. See the spring guide on the forum to gauge what you will need, on the basis that everything else is working correctly.

Poor fps can be down to broken hop rubber, poor piston head O ring seal, poor cylinder head seal or ill fitting air seal nozzle, not just a lower strength spring.

Well, I was just wondering because the gun was advertised at firing at about 310-320 Fps, it was last chronoed at about 250 FPS, also when my Dad is registered I am going to change the see through parts to black ones and it will be my main gun and I was just wondering if I could bump the FPS up abit,

how fidly is the spring changing?

• Supporters

not at all, it's as easy as opening the gearbox, taking the old spring out and replacing it.

The fidly bit is getting it all back together with 3/4 small springs, levers and catches all in the correct place - each one requires a hand to hold it and you can only fit 1 person near a gearbox as they are fairly small.

basically, get someone with experience to do it.

Archived