Huge Mistake :'(

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So the last of the parts for my l96 arrived today. Assembled them but for some reason the barrel with the hop rubber on it wouldnt go in. Thought this was weird so went to combat south and they said it coulnt be done. Now I have the AEG hop for the l96 and realized that I ordered the l96 madbull barrel, I assume aeg barrels are slightly smaller and thats why it wont fit. Can someone please confirm whether this is the case or not as I'm going to ahve to re order tonight to have a chance of getting the gun ready for the game on sunday :'(

Will this work w/ silencer adapter and silence because I dont feel like cutting a barrel down : http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-Bla...mm_APHQD.aspx?0

So the last of the parts for my l96 arrived today. Assembled them but for some reason the barrel with the hop rubber on it wouldnt go in. Thought this was weird so went to combat south and they said it coulnt be done. Now I have the AEG hop for the l96 and realized that I ordered the l96 madbull barrel, I assume aeg barrels are slightly smaller and thats why it wont fit. Can someone please confirm whether this is the case or not as I'm going to ahve to re order tonight to have a chance of getting the gun ready for the game on sunday :'(

Will this work w/ silencer adapter and silence because I dont feel like cutting a barrel down : http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-Bla...mm_APHQD.aspx?0

I can't tell if that's an AEG barrel or straight swap for the stock barrel.

However I believe it is an AEG barrel and assuming the AEG hop you're talking about is the one from ASPUK then it should fit the hop no problem although you will need a TM AEG hop rubber.

It is longer than the stock barrel which I think is normally 498 mm. So, you will need to mill out the silencer adapter to allow the longer barrel to pass through into the silencer .

On that setup the rifle should be pukka!

• Supporters

What barrel did you order first Jake?

That's definitely an AEG barrel, as I have one sitting in my L96 now :P

Dazz, what do you mean mill out the silencer adapter for the barrel to pass through?

Mine goes through my adapter perfectly, acts as a nice barrel spacer :)

Cant send you a link as it was an impulse buy. At the time I didnt like the thought of hack sawing a precision engineered barrel so when it said "madbull l96 6.03" I just bought it. In hindsight that was stupid but learn from your mistakes and all that. Anyway got the new barrel and silencer adapter on speed delivery so *fingers crossed* they should arrive before my sunday game :)

Also I got the madbull blue rubber, with it defiantly fit the new hop unit???

• Supporters

Oh, I took ages looking at parts to make sure they're all compatible.

Yeah it should do, it's a standard AEG hop rubber, the red one fits mine and they're pretty much the same.

Where did you order the parts from, and when?

As for the barrel and hop: the barrel does fit in the new hop but only just, with the hop rubber there is no hope in hell though. That being said though when I put the hop rubber in by its self it folds so I'm not sure if I did choose the wrong barrel. Are AEG barrel slightly smaller or something? Have I got the same Hop Chamber were all talking about here? :

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/apps/web...ts/show/2494597

Says AEG parts (which the rubber is) so should I just use a little silicone and pushing to get it in once it comes?

Thanks for all the help by the way, much appreciated.

• Supporters

Yeah, that's the hop chamber.

Put the hop rubber on the barrel and then put them both in the hop chamber, the barrel will prevent it folding.

If you need to, put silicone between the hop chamber and the rubber, although I didn't, but don't get any silicone between the barrel and the rubber. So put the rubber on then silicone.

Where are you skirmishing Sunday?

Maybe combat south. We want to go but I'd rather go when my sniper is ready. Also I promised a mate I'd go clubbing saturday so it could get quite... ...interesting if I do go sunday morning. Pretty sure I'll be there but will not be feeling all too fresh :P

• Supporters

Just noticed you're in Portsmouth, I'm going Free Fire Zone on Sunday, although I haven't got very many sniper BBs left :(

Free fire zone? Never heard of it. Any good because me and my mates are looking to start going to other fields for a change :)

• Supporters

It's miles away in Norfolk where I live :P. It's pretty good if you ever go there though.

Archived