Can i pick your brains?

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yea erm as some know i plan to start my own site just a few research qeustions.

1. Is their a PEQ or battery box that will hold a large 8.4V?

2. Can AK47's and the 74's share mags im thinking no but im hopeing yes

3. Would you all play in Trenches With a Fort in the middle and other things dotted here and their all of which will be involved in games ie a downed Helo, a missile Bay, fuel ports and any suggestions you guys make!

4. Would you pay £20 for useing you own gear and £30 for renting a gun two high caps a mask and 3000 BB's?

Edit

5. Does anyone know of any masks which dont have mesh for the eyes and are friendly to those who have glasses?

• Supporters

1. No idea, maybe use a readymag with a hollow mag shell or a battery bag

2. I believe so

3. Yes

4. Good prices- very good, however if you have your own kit I'd rather use my own bb's, id take them off

Sounds good though :)

2. Can AK47's and the 74's share mags im thinking no but im hopeing yes

Definitely yes, as long as you are using TM or TM clone guns. I used both AK47 & AK74 in my CYMA AK74 and in my home built RPK, which was based on both 47 & 74 parts. Can't speak for other makes though.

• Supporters

Great well cheers for answering my AK qeustion to satisfaction

and Marksman i was trying to keep away from them 2 options unfortunately as i hear mini's dont last a whole day unless your me yet still keep a short stock for younger players

And regarding your own BB's would it be too much too ask for only Bio's to be brought and them be sealed in their original unopened packageing?

• Supporters

Glass BB's which are a problem in america.

And if its a no to bio's how long does it take for the normal ones too naff off as its quite a safety risk but only to indoor place's but trying to cover my Ass aswell

• Supporters

I've never come across glass bb's being used in the UK, I wouldn't worry, no other site I've been to has checked my ammo.

As for them.going away, it'll be a long time.

Then again bio bb's take over 2 years to start biodegrading anyway

• Supporters

Ok then wont bother with bio's at all and what do you think to only useing site BB's in rental guns.

And i was supposed to put this in The OP but anyone know of full face masks that the eyes are not mesh that let those of you with glasses play?

1: nope, you will be able to get a 1500mah 8.4 mini type in a peq and thats about it. if you want bigger then get battery slings, or battery bags which strap to the stock/fore grip

2: Yes, most do. The only Ak I have had which was picky was JG/Doboys ones which needed 1mm filed off the mag release block on the magazine. ICS ak's can be slightly picky as well, but clone hicaps fit most stuff.

3: sounds fine, but not to cramped otherise it becomes glorified paintball, space is a must for airsoft.

4: Sounds fine for rentals, however I like to buy my own ammo. I will buy site ammo if it is a known brand, or I will buy a bottle and see if they work in my guns. Some guns are picky on ammo so if you find one that works you tend to stick with that brand.

I like the trenches idea but I think maybe your being a bit cheap on the proces, does the above prices involve entry fee as well?

At my site you have to pay your entry fee, and if hiring you have to pay the hire fee and entry fee.

• Supporters

Yup the prices are for everything 20 if you have your kit 30 if you dont and i think thats a bit steep it'll be a shock playing in england lol and dont worry their the only things i can think of at the moment to include with the trenches as their are no tree's unfortunately.

• Supporters

I dont really like the half masks but i remembered what some friends bought when we played paintball when woodsball wasnt as mainstream.

Most of the sites we've played at charge a minimum of £20 walk on fee, or £30 if lunch is included. BB's are extra (around £10 for 5K 0.2's) and hire kit is usually a gun (TM clone AK or M4 with one mag), SA assault vest and a bottle BB's for about another £15 - £20. Just remember, hire kit takes a beating, so expect to have at least one broken gun each time and to spend a while repairing all the others after each game and having to clean the assault vests, especially if it's been a muddy day.

You'll find paintball masks will work just as well as anything else, just as long as you sort out some form of anti fog solution. And don't forget site insurance and to design an insurance waiver, otherwise you could find yourself in deep doodoo if anyone gets injured whilst playing. And most sites, if they allow under 16's, insist on full face masks for junior players, as well as a parental apoproval form. And if you do allow under 16's, you'll need to get your Marshall's cleared by the Child Protection Agency, otherwise you'll be breaking the law to have juniors on site.

Ive got a load of old paintball face masks which i have no need for, was going to sell them but really not worth it. There safe enough for paintball so a quick test with a 500fps gun right up against it and a quick clean and you can have them. Your located in Fochabers which is kinda close to me so if and when you get your site up and running, may pop round for a quick match and drop them off. I have around 20 but don't think they are all still intact but should be at least 5-10.

• Supporters

Great cheers for that they dont need to be perfect like i should be up maybe July if the thing where government dish the will out is done by then but if not i will probably just rent until the end of the year otherwise.

And some of you will be getting invites to come and test it out and a voucher for 100 free games but magpul your garenteed one for that chap.

Archived