Colours

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
This came up in my purchasing of an MP5.

BLUE IS NOT ALLOWED. apparently, according to the UKARA website, however many well known sites sell blue guns.

what is the law on blue?

im guessing this applies to dark blue, as it is almost black, light blue however is fine just look at the double eagle shotgun range in 2 tone thats the blue im talking about

• AF-UK Founding Member

From the UKARA website:

For the purposes of section 38(3)(B) of the 2006 Act, a colour is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if it is a colour specified in paragraph (2).

The colours specified in this paragraph area.

bright red,

bright orange,

bright yellow,

bright green,

bright pink, and

bright purple.

This should be read in conjunction with Section 38 of the Act and is included for reference. It would be legal to sell an airsoft gun conforming to these specifications to a person over the age of 18 regardless of whether or not they were a registered skirmisher.

As you can see, blue isn't on the list of allowed colours so I assume they think bright blue is realistic... who knows.

• Supporters
From the UKARA website:

For the purposes of section 38(3)(B) of the 2006 Act, a colour is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if it is a colour specified in paragraph (2).

The colours specified in this paragraph area.

bright red,

bright orange,

bright yellow,

bright green,

bright pink, and

bright purple.

This should be read in conjunction with Section 38 of the Act and is included for reference. It would be legal to sell an airsoft gun conforming to these specifications to a person over the age of 18 regardless of whether or not they were a registered skirmisher.

As you can see, blue isn't on the list of allowed colours so I assume they think bright blue is realistic... who knows.

hmmm, look at DE though they have light blue maybe it was early production and now the new stock is green who knows :mellow:

• Supporters

airsoft world seem to be able to use blue, majority of TT range is green however iirc

• 3 weeks later...

I heard through the grapevine it's something to do with the fact training weapons used by various armed response units are blue. Wether these weapons are firing live or are simply props to practice seize exercises on I don't know. Could just be conjecture and hearsay.

Also: first post woo :lol:

• 1 month later...

Its not just the police.

Whilst thumbing through a magazine sent to the schools careers office yesterday, I noticed that the army/navy are also using weapons that are painted blue.

Archived