MP5's

ali619
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there guys, this is my first post so go easy on me. Anyway the story with me is I’m a beginner, I’ve been to acouple of airsofting sessions and I love it. Now most of the guys around me have played more and have got more gear than me so I think it’s about time I catch up on them and first things first is the gun. The guys around me have M4's, G36's, P90's and those sorts I want a gun that is powerful but practical to be used in a woodland area and within a kill house and such so I’m thinking long the times of a MP5 which a adjustable stock, simply because I like the look of it and it seems to fit my criteria of what I want.

What brands should I be looking at as there seems to be so many and I feel I’m kinda out of my depth. I want make which is good reliable, has plenty of upgrades available and I can purchase spare parts for i.e. extra mag’s, sights etc.

My first electric gun was an mp5 sd5 made by tokyo marui, i got this second hand when i was fifteen and its still going strong today (im now 26), Its never even been taken apart so i would highly recommend TM.

My mate has an MP5 and he loves it, actually played a game just last week and he used it to great effect, that was indoors, but for outdoors he uses his M4 mostly although he has used his MP5 eswell in the past, I may be slightly biased because i have a H&K 416 (H&K's version of an M4) but would you not consider a short barrel version of and M4? I just think an MP5 is a little short for use outdoor at longer ranges, or a variant of the G36, my other mate has one of these and is very accurate he uses it indoors and outdoors... just food for thought...

• Supporters

As Tezza says, woodland skirmish distances are going to need something with a longer barrel, my MP5 often lets me down when it comes to range, though it's fantastic in all other respects.

You could upgrade it with a tighter barrel though, that would up the FPS and range a tiny bit and accuracy too, though mine's more accurate than my sniper without either being modified.

Here's my review for the G&G MP5: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=5679

With regard to the stock, mine is solid stocked and I think solid is better, it means you can have a gigantic battery that will last more than a whole day and is far easier to fit into the gun, my handguard is massive pain in the rear to get off and on and if you only have a tiny battery you'll have to do it a lot more often too.

I've never had problems with the size of a full stock either, I can imagine a collapsible one being easier to transport but that's about it, I agree that they look better as well, I just think it's better to have a big battery.

But yeah, read my review, I'd highly recommend the G&G, though I'd sell my soul to get a VFC gas blowback MP5 D=

Right i want to clear something up here...barrel length does not increase range.

The barrel isnt rifled so length makes no difference what so ever, i used my mp5k for the first time in a woodland skirmish yesterday and it outranged the majority of other longer weapons although my mates TM glock18c was outranging that.

So, doesnt matter if the gun is small as it will perform the same as its longer counterparts so get whatever feels right.

I've had a TM sliding Stock MP5 for years and love it to bits, it's never let me down and after buying a Guarder oversized Foregrip I've been able to fit a larger Battery and other RIS mounted Kit like Handgrips/PEQ Box etc.

There is a Guarder Handguard for sale here if you are interested Fleabay link

Here's my old Girl btw

100_3920.jpg

This one with the 'nade Launcher was just for fun LOL 100_3849.jpg

I think people mis-read accuracy incorrectly as range because there is less adjustment required to hit the same target at range.

A longer barrel will give you more accuracy.

Good luck with your MP5 having superb range Wolf,mine didn't and I won't be convinced that they do perform the same,I used to use it as a back-up for my M14 but it really lacked range and I found that out in the middle of fire~fights.

You don't mention FPS,I know some "kicking" pistols that will outrange AEG's but there not really useable.

OP go with whatever suits your style of play...

• Supporters

Barrel length doesn't equal accuracy or range, that's all to do with the diameter, finish of the barrel and hop up components.

Mp5's don't have an amazing hop design but upgraded ones can produce good range. The systema one is better than the ptw, ics ones tend to be good

Get an mp5 if you want, upgrade it and it'll have no problems in woodland :)

Barrel length doesn't equal accuracy or range, that's all to do with the diameter, finish of the barrel and hop up components.

Mp5's don't have an amazing hop design but upgraded ones can produce good range. The systema one is better than the ptw, ics ones tend to be good

Get an mp5 if you want, upgrade it and it'll have no problems in woodland :)

I have to disagree MM I found a marked difference in accuracy between an M14,MP5k and a pistol all shooting around 300 fps,all std and using a 1.5" square padlock as the target...

• Supporters

That most likely has something to do with the hop ups, the m14 is known to have a really well designed one as opposed to the MP5 which isn't exactly brilliant

There are to many variables in that test to even begin to start blaming parts of each gun

Well, in theory a longer barrel will increase accuracy as it gives time for the bb to stabilize.

When the bb is traveling down the barrel it "bounces" as the barrel is always slightly larger diameter than the bb (hence why the tk twists give even better accuracy cos they create an air cushion around the bb preventing this bouncing and less friction)

Apologies for the turbo sh*t drawing but it gives you an idea

bbtravel.jpg

Obviously not as drastic as the pic shows but it illustrates whats happening.

The optimal length barrel is that when the bb is leaving the muzzle the piston should have just reached the end of its stroke.

• Supporters

To some extent that's true, but the ammo we use is so light its more less negligible although if you have a very short pistol size barrel its quite possible you will find some effects.

However due to the momentum and inertia effecting the bb's there won't be much noticeable difference.

There are a large number of things like this in airsoft- the belief that a tighter barrel = more accuracy for example, there are as many people who believe it as there are that don't.

At the end of the day we are dealing with what are essentialy muskets- however, I am very interested in trying out a number of experiments on these subjects at some point

To some extent that's true, but the ammo we use is so light its more less negligible although if you have a very short pistol size barrel its quite possible you will find some effects.

However due to the momentum and inertia effecting the bb's there won't be much noticeable difference.

There are a large number of things like this in airsoft- the belief that a tighter barrel = more accuracy for example, there are as many people who believe it as there are that don't.

At the end of the day we are dealing with what are essentialy muskets- however, I am very interested in trying out a number of experiments on these subjects at some point

I'm talking about what I've observed personally hence moving from 1 aeg to another when I discovered the shortfall,I also noticed the difference when I added a tightbore to one of my M4's and it is something I would check to dispell any hype, I always chrono my guns before any modifications just because I like to know.

We have a player now that uses his MP5K only when he has to.

I'm sure if there was no effect we'd see MP5k snipers just because the size makes them easier to "lug" around.

• Supporters

That probably has more to do with mp5k's not being as consistant as bolt actions or the fact that they're capable of full auto. The chances are it was not upgraded or a bad make-up tm MP5k's are known to be very good for example. The VSR and l96 hop UPS are two of the best designs too, whereas as I said the mp5's isnt something to sing and dance about- though with some good upgrades, its still not bad

Another example is ptw's, the tw-5 and the short 10.5" ptw models perform better than the m16 or standard m4a1

It's like tighter barrels. they for example are believed to be more accurate by most people, however pdi, debatabley thte best barrel manufacturer se 6.08's for accuracy, this is due to the air cushioning the bb causing less bounces on the inside of the barrel- the opposite to what most believe.

Well Im now pondering the idea of an M4 lol

but i guess i just need to go try some guns and see what suits me as a player

Get both it's only Money and you'll be doing your part to kick start the economy LOL

Failing that get a short Barrel M4?

Get both it's only Money and you'll be doing your part to kick start the economy LOL

Failing that get a short Barrel M4?

yeah I'll be the saving grace for the UK's economy lol

a short barrell m4 is what I'll be looking for! it would be a better all rounder for me!

yeah I'll be the saving grace for the UK's economy lol

a short barrell m4 is what I'll be looking for! it would be a better all rounder for me!

My M4 has caused me nothing but trouble recently...the Missus keeps going Apesh*t everytime the Postie delivers a package of more "bling" for it :lol:

Well Im now pondering the idea of an M4 lol

but i guess i just need to go try some guns and see what suits me as a player

YOU decide what is good for you..if we all liked the same it'd be boring and there wouldn't be any interesting discussions like this... ;)

I went down to one all-rounder as I couldn't be @rsed to carry too much equipment... :rolleyes:

Archived