KJWorks P226

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just broke out the pistol for the first time in a while, I leave my mags slightly gassed as I've heard it saves the seals.

Well, this mag was entirely dry, it had leaked somehow, so I regassed it and I could hear the leak, so I dunked it under water and it's not a leak from the seals, it's just pouring out from between the base plate and the mag's main body...

There's no visible way to dismantle it apart from two hollow tube/pins towards the bottom end but I've no idea how to get them out, or even what it'd help me do if I did...

Has anyone had any similar experiences or knows of anything I could try besides lubing them?

i know your pain.

There are two "screws" on the bottom, one is the valve, the other is a long pin that screws the two halves together.

I have taken my two mags apart and stuck them back together a few times to prevent leaks. The problem is the seal between the two halves is rubbish, all the rest is fine.

A couple of suggestions:

Use thread or plumbers tape under the o ring and around the join to try and improve the seal between the two halves.

Dont over tighten the main screw/pin that connects the two halves - I did and broke it, and they are not cheap to replace. But, you will see when you open it, they are incredible thin and very badly designed.

At present, i have one working mag and one that has been super glued together (last resort, believe me) and STILL leaks gas from the middle.

Just keep an eye out for the mythical "one piece" mag that i believe exists (read it somewhere) , but have not seen.

If you need any more help I can put up pics but they are pretty simple.

• Supporters

Thanks a lot, I'll give all that a go.

I have 4 mags in total so I guess it's no so bad for me lol, if all else fails I'll just replace it. Wish I knew how it happened though.

Just took it apart, I can see what you mean now, it's not a great design, if the pins were screws mounted parallel to the mag body then leaks could just be solved by tightening them, the pin idea doesn't really help anything.

Though they are spectacularly simple in build and function and I have totally stopped the leak now and it was really really bad, all it needed was some liberal internal greasing and now all is well.

Thanks again, Cyrax.

No worries, glad yours was an easy fix.

On my super glued mag, the threaded part of the pin has snapped off inside the top half of the mag, so im pretty stuffed. Going to try cracking it open, if i manage it ill take some pictures and add them to this thread in case anyone else has this issue.

Archived