MP 7 Battery life

rusty1109
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've been playing at the mall recently and have decided to get a dedicated CQB gun instead of my SR-25K (The use of which at a CQB site is pretty much the definition of square peg round hole!).

After research and browsing at the arms fair today I have decided to invest in a TM MP 7.

The one thing that I am worried about is battery life.

It looks like you can pick up spare batteries which is what I will probably do but has anyone had experience with this:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball-exter...arui-mp7a1.html

And if anyone thinks it is worth buying does anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers all,

Rusty

That looks to be the same battery as the pistols. That battery extender is just to let you use external batteries, presumably with the battery monted in a sling. Depending on how practical you are, you could knock something similar up fairly easily.

I beliieve this gun also works with the tm taclight, which basically works as a torch and external battery for the mp7. Quite pricey, about £70 i think.

I'm actually looking at getting an mp7 and using the external battery adapter myself and using a small PEQ battery box on the side to house a battery to sort the short battery life issue.

That looks to be the same battery as the pistols.

No it's not. The standard AEP 7.2V battery is a smaller size that that for the MP7, even though they look a similar shape.

Archived