A&K SR-25 a good project gun?

Nadrian
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just wondering if you think this would be a good project gun, it fits the 3 things i want: DMR potential, Cheap :P and something to learn (gearbox work ect)

but i was wondering what you guys think of this? also what would need upgrading and when upgraded what ranges would i be looking at (with accurate shots)? cheers.

judging from online reviews it seem like a decent gun. First thing you should upgrade should probably be the hop up unit. That's the easiet way to improve range.

They tend to be the typical DMR starting platform and I've seen good results from some people. As above, work on the range first (if it needs work) then just upgrade when needs be.

I was thinking hop up unit then a PSG-1 sized 6.03 Prometheus barrel? then just a few gear upgrades and a APSCU oh and a new spring to get it to 470-500 fps, Any more upgrades apart from the ones listed give any accuracy/range benefits? Also what would the best hop up unit/rubber-nub to get? cheers!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Sounds good to me. Madbull is generally recommended round here for hop-ups, but feel free to do your own reading on that, different people say different things etc etc.

Archived