Definition of SAW's

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was listening to a certain american airsoft radio station and they were talking about Squad Assist Weapons (SAW's) i.e M249's MG42's RPK's etc etc and how they should be used and i agree they are miss used in airsoft

The concept of a SAW is to assist your team members by suppressing the contact to allow the flanking team to move easily to take out the contact from the side

But i have seen it my self players trying to run around with a SAW which weighs twice as much as a rifle its not what its made for

The proper way to use a SAW its to hang back and spray any contact you see to keep there head down and move up when your flanking team has taken out the contact

I am not saying everyone running SAW's are doing it wrong and completely fail i am just say if your running a SAW think twice when you go out in the field and you may just give you team the tactical advantage

The problem is that an M16 can do the job just as well with a high cap. So instead people choose to use SAW's as just big bulky rifles.

The only way I can see people using them properly is to limit anything not a "support weapon" to mid/low caps that way the support gunner can make full use of the massive drum of ammo.

Archived