AK advice

trev
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase a new AK74 or 47(second choice), now I'm trying to stick to a budget of £180.00, metal or nylon, blowback doesn't bother me. I have had a look around, and Cyma seems to be good at this price, but APS has thrown a spanner in the works with their AK74m metal/wood version which is at the moment being sold at a UK retailer for £118.00 owing to a fault with the trigger, I haven't a clue if all of them have faults or weather they are simply getting rid of all their stock to save the hassle of possible returns.

If you ask some airsofters, they say that APS is okay, then others hate them with a vengence and passion, so does anyone have any views or opinions ?

• Supporters

I hate APS. My step-dad's internal literally melted after 2 or 3 skirmishes, was on;y running 8.4s..

If you live near southampton you can buy mine for £200 with 3 mid-caps, 2 high caps, battery.

EDIT: nevermind considering you live in wales.

Thanks for the offer anyway Camron, don't think my quad bike would make it down there anyway !

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

On a different forum the CYMA AK's were voted the best out of all AK's including the high end ones such as real sword or G&G. I have owned the cheapest AK47 (I think) which was the 028. Put a metal boydy on and real wood and was lovely. Only sold it as I thought a different AK might dome better. I chose the G&G Rk47 which is no way near as good. I just do not like it as much as I used to like my cyma and how i like my mates cyma ak47, 04 something.

My advice to you is pick any CYMA AK. If it is supposed have wood then make sure you go for a wood version as they are lovely. Then pick your favourtie looking gun, be it an ak47 or 74 etc. Lastly, buy it. You really won't regret it.

On a different forum the CYMA AK's were voted the best out of all AK's including the high end ones such as real sword or G&G. I have owned the cheapest AK47 (I think) which was the 028. Put a metal boydy on and real wood and was lovely. Only sold it as I thought a different AK might dome better. I chose the G&G Rk47 which is no way near as good. I just do not like it as much as I used to like my cyma and how i like my mates cyma ak47, 04 something.

My advice to you is pick any CYMA AK. If it is supposed have wood then make sure you go for a wood version as they are lovely. Then pick your favourtie looking gun, be it an ak47 or 74 etc. Lastly, buy it. You really won't regret it.

Cheers Scorey

I Passionately AGREE!!!!! :D

I have recently bought the SRC Gen VIII metal and wood and it is brilliant. I paid £165 from Land Warrior Airsoft. I just upgraded the battery to an 8.4 3800, and it is so good. Accuracy and Range are mental.

I have recently bought the SRC Gen VIII metal and wood and it is brilliant. I paid £165 from Land Warrior Airsoft. I just upgraded the battery to an 8.4 3800, and it is so good. Accuracy and Range are mental.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I'd love to know which forum voted the Cyma AK best, considering Real Sword, LCT, VFC look and perform better, not to mention, the TM recoil AK's utterly destroy the Cyma AK

with the budget you've got the Cyma one would be best

I would go with the CYMA cm.028 because a friend has one and it's outstanding, great accuracy and amazing range, these things are truely worth the buy. I may be purchasing one soon just as a back up, they seem to last for a long time and are very reliable.

Archived