Gone and broken my L96's hop up (I think) help please :(

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I was taking my barrel out of the hop and as I removed it a little ring came out in two pieces. Before I carry on I would like to know what I have done as I'm probably going to have to replace it. It wasnt the tiny ring but it was pretty small.

• Supporters

I think the little ring's off the barrel, I've got all the parts to my stock hop here, but got rid of the barrel.

Which upgrade parts have you bought, as you may not need it when you put them in.

So far I've got the blue madbull hop rubber (I'll message you once I've used it saying how well blue does), the hop bucking off airsoft sniper uk, madbull 6.03 barrel and the metal trigger box you recommended. Once airsoft sniper uk get the l96 hop chambers back in I'll end up buying that, cylinder and nozzle.

• Supporters

Okay, I don't think the barrel will fit the stock hop-unit. I'll just check with an AEG barrel.

They're at the AAF, and due a large shipment of all items in a few days I think, he posted on Facebook.

• Supporters

Do the stock parts go back together without the broken ring?

• Supporters

Okay. If it doesn't, then try super gluing the black ring back on the barrel, that should hold until you get a new hop chamber.

Just ordered the upgraded hop chamber from ASPUK. I wont need that little plastic ring for it will I? Also it says I need that I need the "Pot metal ring". Is that the ring that goes around the hop lever or the tiny metal ring in the picture(s)? Thanks :)

• Supporters

No, you won't need the ring, you'll need an AEG barrel, AEG rubber & nub, and yeah, the ring which goes around the edge, all of which you have. The ring was a tight fit on mine, but a bit of force soon sorted that, it just means it's slightly harder to adjust, but holds its position better.

To hold the barrel in the hop unit securely, there are three very small Allen screws in the unit (one each side and one at the bottom) on the thinner part, tighten these.

When you put the gun back together and put the mag release/catch back on, make sure the screw goes into the hop-unit straight or you'll damage the threads in the unit and the catch will be wobbly.

If you need any help, just ask, I'll try my best :).

Sweet, got the aeg barrel, rubber, bucking ect. Just waiting for the new hop now :D OH and I bought a new bucking but have no idea how to install it :P Anyway thanks for all the help

• Supporters

The bucking just slides over the end of the barrel. There should be a small groove the barrel and a matching part on the inside of the rubber, align these up :).

Make sure you put the barrel in the hop up straight and the right way up though, or you won't very much accurately :P

Just to add to what Liam said, the barrel needs to go into the hop unit with the long groove (at the back) in the 6 o'clock position, so that the cut-out for the hop pad is at the top, where the hop nub can press on it. Also make sure it is exactly in line, otherwise your BB's will not shoot out straight, however much you adjust the hop.

Archived