Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TPI

A name and shame

4 posts in this topic

I beleive we need something to shame those on the forum who know they are doing wrong such as those of you who are underage and persist in buying or trying to buy restricted items but independant of the feedback part of sales maybe?

Ideas views needed as it is irresponsible people that put the sport in danger.

It already gets dealt with if it is noticed. Going further and naming and shaming and having no end of people possibly having a go isn't what we are here for.

Ok just thought it might be something that was overlooked i thought it could be good as my school did it done wonders and my local police force done that aswell.

I'm with Dev here.

Naming and shaming will only lead to negativity. In my experience, the forums are VERY efficient at getting things sorted when you have a problem and to be honest, we dont have that many.

The naming and shaming aspect as well, could reasonably lead to legal accusations of slander/libel and harassment, best just to steer clear unless you have a legal force backing you up.

My only other comment, is that if people under eighteen attempt to buy etc, or people attempt to buy illegally or try to conduct other illegal activities, we do need to take a very strong standpoint on it for the overall sake of airsoft. If we self-police, it'll look a lot better on our part, but it's not my forum and the issue is so complex that I think Dev has every right to maintain the status quo as-is.