samsung galaxy s2

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Think I'd prefer a HTC sensation, if you like the desire then it won't be too much of a change.

The desire is still a good phone mind, I'm still on a non smartphone.

my dad has the S (older one i guess) and its fecking awesome.

S2 would be great.

Galaxy S 2 is brilliant :D

I had a HTC previously, this is a much better phone in my opinion.

Fast, user friendly and packing an excellent camera - and decent onboard memory, i will be hanging on to this phone for a long time yet.

Any specific questions ask away.

Edit: In answer to your OP, no you arent missing anything. Get the S2.

• Supporters

Out of interest what HTC did you have (not doubting, just interested :P)

Only questions I have is about the battery cover- does this site run perfectly on it and is it as flimsy as reviews suggest or are they nitpicking? :P

I was looking at the HTC sensation and incredible s but with all the positive things I've heard about the s2 I think ill go with that, and that I'm slightly bored of the desire

As long as its Android i'll be happy, none of that blackberry or ios rubbish :P:lol:

Thanks

• Supporters

Really? Well i had no problems :P

Anyway, its pretty much between the sensation, s2 and xperia arc.

The sensation supposedly has bad batterys life (something my desire has and I want to get rid of) and although sense is very good, its not the most exciting UI.

The S2 has ax geat screen and is light but I don't know about battery life or the questions I asked above.

The arc looks the best buy looks to be made of that horrible Sony glossy plastic and I'm not keen on.timescape etc.

So, s2 owners, convince me :P

Flimsy - Definitely not. Battery life - Over 24 hours using 30Mb of web a day plus calls, texts and polling for new emails every 30 minutes, over 48 hours if you turn off the unnecessary news/weather/finance background updates, which also cuts your data usage in half. I only use full websites on it, none of this mobile web and tapatalk stuff. The screen is superb and completely scratchproof. 1.25 Ghz processor, which is faster then the iPhone 4S just announced. My wife works for O2, and she can have any phone she likes. She gets to play with them all, and bring them home for us to trial. She has had the Galaxy S for twelve months now, and is getting her own S II soon. We've had every other brand in the house, including HTCs, Nokias, Sony and the full iPhone range, and I wouldn't swap the Galaxy S II for any of them.

The other fella got to the questions before me, but i had this

The only negative i can think of (as its only fair) is that if you get a case for it, it is a bit large for smaller hands. Without a case its fine (and, i have never noticed any "flimsey-ness") but last i checked it was valued at £400 or something? May of gone down, but they are still valuable phones!

Archived