ICS M4 Exterior upgrades?

Henry Wisdom
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm looking into getting various different exterior parts for my ICS M4-A1 so that its not just "Another M4 on the field" and becomes unique to the others...

Anyway, I hear ICS is a bit fussy so I'm not sure what would be compatible. At the moment I'm looking into getting a new stock, hand-guard, and maybe a grip... I like the look of the Magpul gear (sounds like everybody does ^_^) so does anyone know if there compatible with my M4?

If not, then what alternatives are there?

Thanks, much appreciated. :)

• Supporters

Not much I'm afraid, ics for some weird reason decided to make their m4's non standard. Magpul won't fit ( though that could be a good thing:P) the handguard can with some filing though

The stock will fit,the handguard needs a different delta ring...you'll prolly better off getting a ris type handguard but you will pay a premium for ICS original parts...

I can answer that, they use gearbox's (like most AEG's) hops, barrels, motors all kind of AEG parts!! :P:lol:

Just discovered this forum! I'm a bit of an ICS fan:

Most external upgrades will fit with various levels of modding. The stock is the easiest. A Magpul MOE or CTR should go straight onto the ICS stock tube. If you have a solid stock ICS M4, buy an new stock adaptor (about a fiver). A none ICS stock tube will need a bit of filing (literally a minutes work) to go on the adaptor, then you can fit any aftermarket sliding stock or crane stock.

Handguards as above usually need a bit of filing and generally a new delta ring to replace the none standard ICS one. There seems to be no definite answer, but from experience G&P delta rings are a straight swap. Other delta rings might need some filing. Likewise, G&P RIS kits tend to fit with no modding although others seem to have had difficulties.

The pistol grips are the biggest hassle - LOTS of filing and trial and error. I have yet to find one that is a straight swap so I stick with the ICS one.

Internally the split gearbox shell is unique to ICS. But it will take standard Version 2 parts - gears, pistons, cylinders etc. I have found the ICS piston to be a tad longer than a Marui standard one, but it's nothing a little washer can't sort out :)

ICS hop units are unique, but very good so there's no real need to change them. You can use standard inner barrels and hop rubbers.

Hope that helps.

The pistol grips are the biggest hassle - LOTS of filing and trial and error. I have yet to find one that is a straight swap so I stick with the ICS one.

MIAD Pistol grip will fit, I have one in one of my ICS M4 rebuilds (mostly second hand parts that i purchase off zeroin)... oh, i got three fully working ICS M4 rebuilds.

All these projects had the stock tube Mod mentioned by Hibernator... you really have to dremel/file a bit of the adaptor to fit the tubes.

My 4th ICS M4 has a moded one piece hop unit bought off zeroin forums as well but im still trying to fine tune it... sometimes it loads sometimes it won't so to make it easier for you, better use a ICS hop. another thing to mention is i haven't found any outer barrel to fit the ICS hop (the 'wings' on it's side) so you might wanna take that into consideration if you want to replace the outer barrel. I have used a CA and a G&P on mine but i have to file it to fit.

The rest, I agree with Hibernator. If you don't want any hassle go for ICS original parts but if you decide to use other after market external upgrades be ready to labour and toil :)

MIAD Pistol grip will fit, I have one in one of my ICS M4 rebuilds (mostly second hand parts that i purchase off zeroin)... oh, i got three fully working ICS M4 rebuilds.

Interesting - is that the MOE MAID grip? I have the PTS kit with the different fronts and backs but no combination of them fits for me. Been looking for the new ICS ergonomic grip, but have never seen it in stock. I may try the MOE MAID instead :)

Interesting - is that the MOE MAID grip? I have the PTS kit with the different fronts and backs but no combination of them fits for me. Been looking for the new ICS ergonomic grip, but have never seen it in stock. I may try the MOE MAID instead :)

Its the top one. Its the interchangeable one.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, thanks for all the replies. :) Really helped. I completely forgot about this post and was looking at ICS exterior parts today and suddenly remembered. ^_^, I think I'm gonna go with FAb Defence and probably not upgrade the hand-guard but instead just get a lower rail so I can attach a fore-grip.

• Supporters

I'm thinking of picking one of these up for about £270 from Wolf Armouries: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=ICS20

My site use them as hire guns so I'm sure about the longevity being good and the range and everything is great.

Just wondering if that's a good price? I'd have expected hire guns to be pretty cheap, never thought of my site owner as a billionaire. They have like 100 of these with solid stocks lol.

Also, can someone link me to some compatible RIS sets? I don't care if they're expensive ICS exclusive ones or not, just bear in mind I have a feeling I'll be crap at modding things to fit if they don't already lol.

They're a tenner cheaper on Fire-Support.

If you want a RIS, why not just get the version that already comes with it? http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-...airsoft-gun-aeg The ICS RIS on it's own is £69 so cheaper to get the gun with it already there! Or the Tsunami RIS is a bit cheaper.

• Supporters

Thanks, that's great. I had no idea you could buy it with RIS already attached, cheers!

Archived