tightbore + hop rubber and nub

griffin2
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys, would like some advise'

I have an ICS M4 (proline) and want to fit a tightbore and replace the hop rubber + bucking, would i be better getting the original parts or would another make be an improvment.

Please advise on makes etc and performance benefits.

Many thanks

Jon

• Supporters

Madbull, are great for range and accuracy, though because ics are difficult with any other parts I don't know if they fit.

I can't remember does it take standard aeg barrels and hop up parts?

I think if you use the ICS hop unit you'll be fine with a madbull tightbore and TM rubber, if your on a budget.

If money is no object, i'd personally get a prometheus 6.03 with a firefly bucking and nub. Thats what I tend to go for.

I'm currently testing out a lonex tightbore in my sopmod, and it seems similar in most ways to the madbull black python v. II

I am unsure with ICS, but a madbull ultimate hop up, paired with a madbull black python v. II is always good. I wouldn't bother with a madbull rubber though, I dont rate them really.

I think if you use the ICS hop unit you'll be fine with a madbull tightbore and TM rubber, if your on a budget.

I am unsure with ICS, but a madbull ultimate hop up, paired with a madbull black python v. II is always good. I wouldn't bother with a madbull rubber though, I dont rate them really.

I've recently repaired what I believe is an ICS M16 for a team-mate. If it was, then the ICS hop unit is fixed into the gearbox front, not separate as in TM clones (you remove the gearbox with hop & inner barrel attached from the upper receiver/outer barrel when stripping it for gearbox repairs) so the Madbull unit might not fit properly. That said, Madbull Ultimate hop units aren't all they are cracked up to be. I've one in my G&P M16 which works fine, but two others in my M4 and L85 misfeed on auto and double feed on semi in both.

Archived