Money or Not?

Tristan Orr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I've been looking at the price of my load out(s) and I was wondering if people like to go for stuff that is cheap and works or expensive and lasts longer?

Such as when it comes to holster, I'm getting a Blackhawk holster, where as other might just get a Viper holster.

Whats your take, would you rather spend the money for what you want and will last or will you go for the quick easy cheap option?

This doesn't just have to be gear such as holsters, chest rig, camo etc. It also includes your weapons! Or do you take a some what half and half look on it, so you spend the money on the gun and save on the kit, or vis-ver-sa?

And last of all if you had the money would you spend it to get you kit you want? or save it for over stuff etc?

• Supporters

You get what you pay for. pay something that was £2 from china and it will break that being said some of the "cheap" stuff i.e £15-£30 has been fine! £300 + vest's are built to be durable in a war zone so ofc they will last ages in airsoft :P

• Supporters

I go exspensive on my gear and get average on my guns and upgrade later on ill get the best guns but right now meh dont need to.

I have pretty standard clothing, trousers £15 a set shirts £10 a set got like 5 sets total........still havnt used past the first set. i mean a button broke off the trousers.but i just stiched them back on.

Vests, atm i just have my viper and warrior (£100) that works a treat for me

Exactly what Dave says, spend on the gun, gear comes second

But stay away from viper holsters, theyre useless

Yup, you can airsoft without a chest rig, kneepads and so on - but you can't airsoft without some form of gun...

My loadout has cost me roughly £65. And it isn't cheap china crap. Bulle stuff is cheap, but strong. Which is why I've had my rig for 2 years, plenty of airsoft.

What's your complaint about Viper holsters? My holster is fine and works well for what it is.

• Supporters

Same, my viper holsters doing fine, pretty good buy for just £10..

• Supporters

It depends what I want to do.

So, my main loadout cost me about £2000 to put together, but we're talking everything I could ever need for anything I could ever do in airsoft (we're talking emergency survival tin and rescue hook, right up to camping gear and a fully equipped command panel - complete with all necessary commanders tools).

That said, my next loadout is going to cost me £150, AEG included. I'm using entirely second hand junk - if it breaks, I shall simply tape it back together. No idea what Ill get for that, but that's my budget, going for something close to a South African Merc look.

With airsoft, you get what you want; what I would say is that airsoft gear will never need to withstand the battering that real military kit needs to take, so you CAN get away with some corners being cut.

Well like I said im a milsim player so I tend to fork the money out for the real or as real as I can get in terms of gear. Due to the fact I am buying a we m14 abd a systema as my two gun I don't need anything, note the word need not want :) I have my two custom TM glocks my warrior rig x2 one tan one od my boot(£110) jacket, trousers, shirts and hat/helmet. In total it's about £4000 on one load out which I can use anywhere at anytime and will will last for ever!

• Supporters

Lol true but ill tell you what my whole family says have one but only use it if its an emergency and you have no money what so ever or if you can pay it back next month.

Lol, well playing with a systema(my friends) I have come to like them more and more. If I was to go back to a g&p for instance It would feel so less compared to the real feel if the systema ofc they proform the same but that's only with upgrades and your still nothing getting the quilitu of the systema system. There are a number of benefits to them, such as the real time strip down, real size, weight and feel, 3rd burst out the box. Plus the name and sound.

Like I have always said you pay for what you want and that's what you get, a GBBR would be much more real, but it's not an all year round weapon. And it built for milsim!

I think you mix and match to fit your pocket. I generally get BULLE, Pantac or ex-issue stuff off Flecktarn as it's durable and reasonably priced.

Guns are the most important bit but as I am poor and addicted to the buggers I tend to go for middle ground again.

Archived