Question - Tactics

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just been watching one of ScoutTheDoggie's videos where they are playing the First and Only - Anzio Site and they are in a building and one guy just shines a torch for a split second down a corridor, this torch was very bright but I was wondering if you can just keep flashing the torch on and off to try and 'blind' the enemy?

Also what other tactics do people use?

Some tactical torches have a strobe function. Can be effective, but my site dont allow them, to use their phrase they dont want anyone spassing out.

Going against someone with one of these uber bright torces is difficult. You cant see a target, lose your night vision and you have no way of knowng if you are facing friend or foe.

Which is why ive bought one :)

Yeh I kinda love how Airsofters are so matter of fact, No spassing out, also I know you can do it any site but it was just on one of Scoutthedoggie's videos that was at Anzio, which looks like it would be an amazing site!

You boys seen the video where a guy gets his expensive strobe flash light shot then storms out the building cussing and swearing coz it got broke. made me laugh.

Moral of the story dont buy something expensive, if you cant afford to lose it.

Its why my guns dont cost over £250 mark really. it breaks i can bu a new one and keep old as spare parts

Fair point, but no I haven't seen that video, alot of them though, the people that he film have overly expensive gear, from what I can imaginge, some of them have at least four different attachments on them.

I have a laser/flashlight combo thingy on my gun, don't really use the laser but the flashlight I use all the time, came in really handy in the CQB game last week, just give it a quick flash as you go around a corner to try and catch an enemy guy off guard, also we'd try and team up in pairs, and have one guy crouching down with the other standing above him to give extra fire through a doorway.

In my case anyway, when I first started playing airsoft there wasn't much in the way of tactics really being done while playing but now that we're kinda building a team together we find ourselves doing tactics more and more during games, like stacking up going into a room or even just trying to coordinate and assault, we use basic hand signals and have radios now too so its easier to commumicate and know what everybodys doing or where they are...

Played an intervarsity game last year, they had supposedly trained a lot but did very little actual skirmishing, we had kinda gotten an idea skirmishing against ourselves of what each person is like an picked out our best 10. Not to be bad but we won 3 out of 4 in the intervarsity and i like to think it was better tactics that won it for us, good tactics win games, fact!

Yeh I'm sure tactics help alot, when I get into airsoft alot more, i.e get some decent gear and have my own mode of transport (nect year), then I would like tot start playing as a team, it must be alot more fun?

Archived