Glock 17 - best brand to go for?

Tomson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bascially going for the mercenary 'task-force' look - got the main rifle sorted, but need a pistol...

just split up my KJW P226 (one of the best pistols ive come across build quality wise) and now on the hunt for a decent Glock-17

- it has to be a 17 but im finding it hard to find a good one, and one made by KJW - which im thinking isnt correct :/

anyways, would be helpful - give us a shout with what you have, and reviews etc - im not ukara yet so this purchase will be put off until ive registered. - but information beforehand will best carve my decision.

thanks guys

Tokyo Marui, without doubt :)

Do they come with Trades and Metal Slide?

how about weight, feel, useability etc - any chance you could elaborate for me as i really like TM products.

cheers for the reply bud! :D

• Supporters

I agree, get a TM.

It comes with a plastic slide, but you can replace it with a metal one if you want to.

Yeah it comes with trades, mine has the Glock 17 logo, AUSTRIA, 9x19 on the left side of the slide. And it has serial number on the right side of it, on the right of grip near the top, it has "MADE IN JAPAN ASGK TOKYO MARUI CO.,LTD."

The weight's good, feels really light without the magazine in though, as the magazine has most of the weight and balances it nicely.

Do they come with Trades and Metal Slide?

how about weight, feel, useability etc - any chance you could elaborate for me as i really like TM products.

cheers for the reply bud! :D

Trades on the slide, but not metal, Glock marking on left of frame grip, but TM markings on the right. Loads of people swear by the plastic slide though. Easy enough to upgrade later to a PGC or Guarder slide and a Guarder trademarked frame though. With the PGC slide and outer barrel on mine, it weighs in at about 100g less than the real Glock when loaded. Usability - Unbeatable. Very solid, very reliable, nice and accurate :)

I agree, get a TM.

It comes with a plastic slide, but you can replace it with a metal one if you want to.

Yeah it comes with trades, mine has the Glock 17 logo, AUSTRIA, 9x19 on the left side of the slide. And it has serial number on the right side of it, on the right of grip near the top, it has "MADE IN JAPAN ASGK TOKYO MARUI CO.,LTD."

The weight's good, feels really light without the magazine in though, as the magazine has most of the weight and balances it nicely.

Trades on the slide, but not metal, Glock marking on left of frame grip, but TM markings on the right. Loads of people swear by the plastic slide though. Easy enough to upgrade later to a PGC or Guarder slide and a Guarder trademarked frame though. With the PGC slide and outer barrel on mine, it weighs in at about 100g less than the real Glock when loaded. Usability - Unbeatable. Very solid, very reliable, nice and accurate :)

Perfect, just the type of responses I was looking for! I shall put this on my list then and hopefully after Christmas I can start going more often, get my UKARA and pur-chase :D

cheers fellas. much appreciated!

I got two TM glocks, both with metal upgrades and they are perfect I couldn't ask for more from a sidearm. The only one thing else I would do to it is replace the mag release button for a metal one, but even then I don't you its needed. I could always get the trade marked frame, but I can't seem to find one :P Plus with me buying a systema(dads said to get one other wise I will never stop buying and selling guns :P) I couldn't afford it.

The weight of the TM Glock with a Metal slide and mag loaded it pretty heavy, but yet still lighter then a 1911 or P226 etc. but I recommend them to anyone well worth the extra money on the slide. There are a few pics of mine on page 28-29 of the gun picture thread :)

I got two TM glocks, both with metal upgrades and they are perfect I couldn't ask for more from a sidearm. The only one thing else I would do to it is replace the mag release button for a metal one, but even then I don't you its needed. I could always get the trade marked frame, but I can't seem to find one :P Plus with me buying a systema(dads said to get one other wise I will never stop buying and selling guns :P) I couldn't afford it.

The weight of the TM Glock with a Metal slide and mag loaded it pretty heavy, but yet still lighter then a 1911 or P226 etc. but I recommend them to anyone well worth the extra money on the slide. There are a few pics of mine on page 28-29 of the gun picture thread :)

appreciate it! - im not trying to come across as a snob, plastic is fine, i just like realism - and for the price these things are today, every little helps etc. - but TM have always been a good brand to me, my first and only AEG is a TM 36 (although dressed in CA & STAR clothing aswell now)

but with all this info, its something i want to look at. I USED to own a CYMA Glock 18 AEP and that was a decent weight and i regret selling it to be honest just because of the feel alone - so i can only assume they are of the same weight? - i would hope so, the 226 was a heavy old lump but a beast non the less, but something slightly lighter would be perfect.

Well where abouts do you play fella? I travel a lot to play airsoft so always happy to try new places :) If I can make it you can have a go and feel the TM Glock.

I'm from North Wales so I generally play at Alpha 5-5 in Holywell but there is another place I'm interested in in denbigh where proceeds go to help for heroes etc which im happy about!

I haven't been for some time especially this last year whilst finishing off my degree and saving for a new car but in the new year I should be up and running again!

Where about do you go and located?

As for the Glock try out that would be awesome and much appreciated :D so thanks for that

Archived