Tokyo Marui M4A1 R.I.S gearbox repair

torchw00d
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, just need a bit of help with regards to fixing my airsoft gun (Marui M4A1 R.I.S). I don't know an awful lot about the scene yet and thought it would be a good idea to seek some informed advice. Basically the gun jammed a couple of times so I would of course stop firing, remove jam blah blah blah. So I'm watching my mate massacre some beer cans at the bottom of the garden, the gun jams and to my horror the numpty thinks a bit of fully automatic brute force is all that's needed to sort this problem out <_< .....Well it turns out no. I checked the gun, removed a couple of BB's fired down range and all I got was a god awful noise. :o

I checked several websites and video tutorials and its now fully disassembled. I guess its common sense but I wish some of the guides I'd read had hinted to 'BE VERY CAREFULL' when opening the Gearbox, but never mind... annoying cat anyway. After a thorough inspection of the internal components it would appear to be tooth damage on the Spur Cog and the Piston. Guess what I really wanna know is, are these spares available seperately (ie I dont need to purchase a whole kit) and how much should I be looking to pay?

Thanks peeps

post-3704-1317677508_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1317677530_thumb.jpg

Archived