Lets talk optics......

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So,

When I get me some monies to finish my DMR I will need a optic for my DMR. I have NO idea about optics. Once I get my new hop-up in it I will ne shooting even more range than it currently has (which is alot).

So Nothing to expensive and only in the UK please :P

4x32 ACOG with doctor sight on top. Not the cheapest option, but they are great. Try getting one second hand like me.

My step dad randomly bought a 1x32 Hawke red dot and although only £25, It works great. It has 3 intensity, as well as off, and it extremely adjustable. It is made mostly of plastic but it does look and feel quite good. Anyway for £25 It was an amazing buy as it also comes with two ring mounts (wierd as it only uses one but the second is slightly different) and the necessary alan keys. If you are looking for zoom though this isnt for you as it doesnt have any

Heres a link, only £19 : http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/759/10289...t-sight-hk3190/

• Supporters

If it's the £100 one then I have it and it's very nice and solid, it's got the proper reticule as well.

But mine came with the crosshairs askew so I had to faff with the tightness of the 4 outer screws to sort it out.

Also, the iron sight style doctor sight it comes with does not line up at all.

Edit: Just went to look and it seems they've downed the price as a result of customer feedback, it's around the £80 mark now, I'd say it's definitely worth getting for that price, the red dot one is £60ish but I'd argue it's definitely worth the extra £20 or so for the fact that A) ACOGs typically aren't red dot sights, at least the classic design isn't and B) If it isn't a red dot, it doesn't have batteries, which means it's never going to annoy you in the slightest unless you're playing a night game with literally zero light of any kind, or someone fires a brick at it.

Second edit lmao, I thought that second point might end up being marked by Mr. Cool...

Obviously it ought to be B ) without the space.

If it's the £100 one then I have it and it's very nice and solid, it's got the proper reticule as well.

But mine came with the crosshairs askew so I had to faff with the tightness of the 4 outer screws to sort it out.

Also, the iron sight style doctor sight it comes with does not line up at all.

Edit: Just went to look and it seems they've downed the price as a result of customer feedback, it's around the £80 mark now, I'd say it's definitely worth getting for that price, the red dot one is £60ish but I'd argue it's definitely worth the extra £20 or so for the fact that A) ACOGs typically aren't red dot sights, at least the classic design isn't and B) If it isn't a red dot, it doesn't have batteries, which means it's never going to annoy you in the slightest unless you're playing a night game with literally zero light of any kind, or someone fires a brick at it.

Second edit lmao, I thought that second point might end up being marked by Mr. Cool...

Obviously it ought to be B ) without the space.

Yep, thats the one, just gota scrape up the monies now....

Archived