mosfets

Tomson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

recently becoming more aware that this is a new mod people are doing with their AEG's etc...

what is it? - (i have googled before the 'smart' 'google it' responses fly at me :P) i understand the the technology and what it is etc, but not how it works and why we use it in AEGs??

any help would be appreciated! thanks.

• Supporters

basically, It works in the same way as all electricity, in that no one actually knows.... or at least not me.

I know what they do:

Improve trigger response

Prevent arcing

improve battery life

generally make an AEG better

Can improve ROF

if they are incorporated with PC chips etc they can control the exact ROF or lock guns to only fire every second.

some fancy ones can give 3 rd bursts etc.

They are WELL worth the money - if you ever need to go into a gearbox, you may aswell add a mosfet, just because.

basically, It works in the same way as all electricity, in that no one actually knows.... or at least not me.

I know what they do:

Improve trigger response

Prevent arcing

improve battery life

generally make an AEG better

Can improve ROF

if they are incorporated with PC chips etc they can control the exact ROF or lock guns to only fire every second.

some fancy ones can give 3 rd bursts etc.

They are WELL worth the money - if you ever need to go into a gearbox, you may aswell add a mosfet, just because.

I did wonder if they improved trigger response. But something i will now look into!

Cheers for that bud, much appreciated!

End of thread.

you say end tread but, theres a lot more to mosfet's. As well as improving all that Rack has said it also allows the use of hight Voltage battery's so 11.1V or what ever.

This is due to a transistor which switches the high voltage saving you trigger contacts. Worth the money, you can get a good one for £100-£150 which allows full auto and a 3rd burst as well as semi auto, basically it work by if you tap the trigger on fully auto it will 3rd burst if you hold it down on fully auto then you get full auto, and you still have the semi auto.

I cba to go into detail on how they work as its not worth knowing unless your going to make yourself one.

you say end tread but, theres a lot more to mosfet's. As well as improving all that Rack has said it also allows the use of hight Voltage battery's so 11.1V or what ever.

This is due to a transistor which switches the high voltage saving you trigger contacts. Worth the money, you can get a good one for £100-£150 which allows full auto and a 3rd burst as well as semi auto, basically it work by if you tap the trigger on fully auto it will 3rd burst if you hold it down on fully auto then you get full auto, and you still have the semi auto.

I cba to go into detail on how they work as its not worth knowing unless your going to make yourself one.

i fitted a firworks ares to a TM P90 3rnd burst and single shot was amazing

If you don't want to pay a fortune for a mosfet, have a look on the Airsoft World site. They're selling their Burst Wizard mosfet for half price at the moment, i.e. under £20 (plus postage). I've got one, originally for my L85 but as I cant fit it in the RIS front end I've used it in my G&P M16 instead and find the 3 round burst feature useful to save ammo and increase trigger response, although trigger response is pretty good anyway.

Archived