Sniper Barrel, 6.01 or 6.03?

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, I have mixed feeling on this. How much less accurate would it be to have a 6.03 than a 6.01? Also I'm the kind of person that would enjoy cleaning his gun when I got home after airsoft but is the 6.01 that liable to jam mid game???

• Supporters

I got 6.03 after searching a lot for which is best. I spent hours searching hundreds of posts on various forums and websites, and most seemed to say this;

With a 6.01, you get less air around the BB, so more force behind it, increasing power, but giving less accuracy than a 6.03 (debatable if it's more than a 6.08 stock).

With a 6.03, you get more air around the BB, so less force behind it, still increasing power (from stock 6.08 barrels) and increasing accuracy more than a 6.01.

Also, I've seen a few times before from PDI or LayLax (can't remember or find it) them saying that wider is best for accuracy and thinner is best for power.

Which brands are you looking at?

I just read a hefty post on the matter. 6.03 is defiantly the more accurate and so I'll order one on Tuesday. As to makes I haven't looked into any yet but I've heard good things about laylax and promethius. How was the 6.03 that you used (the one you mentioned in a previous post )

• Supporters

PDI and LayLax will set you back quite a lot of money.

And the MadBull one I have is pretty good, but I have nothing fair to compare it to as the only others I have are; stock 28cm M4 barrel and the stock L96 barrel which was cut badly.

I've had no problems with it, no jams or anything, but then I've cleaned it before and after uses and only used it for one skirmish.

Soon upgrading my M4 to a MadBull 6.03 though. If you haven't got one before then, I'll compare it to the stock M4 barrel.

Thanks but I'm going to order it on tuesday so it will be a bit late :P I'm sure it will be fine though

Archived