Do you buy accessories for looks or for function?

Nadrian
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do you buy accessories for you're gun, kit ect for the look or for the function? This is including bi-pods, sights, PEQ box's ect. I personally buy ris accessories for both but post away!

tacticoolar151.jpg <-- I personally hate OTT "tacticool" M4's! :P

• Supporters

I think it would largely be for looks, especially with silencers, they don't even do anything for airsofting.

Optics aren't really necessary when on average you're never shooting more than 50m, which IRL is pistol territory.

The only things you might actually use as intended are front grips and bipods lol. Maybe mag pulls and clips if you count them as accessories.

I think it would largely be for looks, especially with silencers, they don't even do anything for airsofting.

I wouldn't say suppressors dont do anything in airsoft, my old, now sold stubby-sup worked quite well on my G36, being mentioned about its effectiveness and questioned on where i sourced it etc. - it actually made it sound quite authentic.

as for accessories, most of it is 'pimp-age' and 'bling' to be fair, non of the lot i know at least really use PEQ boxes for their proposed function as they only generally hold batteries - UNLESS you buy the modded/ more expensive ones with laser and torch - but then how many actually use them for their intended use - could only think they were useful in CQB, and then only really for the torch :/

to be fair, when i go, its mostly the younger 'COD' players that bolt everything and anything to their guns to try and replicate the game - which is fair enough.

Personally, it used to be the case of bolt this and that on in attempt to make my gun look like a Grim Reaper but now its functionality. - simple RIS rails, Verticle Grip, 552 and off i pop.

This picture was back in 2008 when i first started, I sprayed my gun grey, bolted a torch, peq box, v.grip and red dot on - of the 4 i used 1 - the red dot lol!

meandcarl.jpg

- just my 2 cents worth

All i have on mine is an Acog and a forgrip/bipod. think it looks sexy as it is any way.

agreed function first, everything I have on my gun is for functionality but I buy stuff that looks cool and does what its meant to do. I do acctualy use my optics, foregrip is definately helpful and I need the PEQ box for dark rooms in CQB. Silencers seem to give the gun a nice feel when you fire as well but there not really needed, just nice to have.

function:

my 97b has a rds and silencer on it. RDS for aiming, obviously and silencer as it lengthens the gun a bit and stops me shooting trees and logs at point blank range (stubby end and sight 2 inches high, = hit trees/logs)

my ICS CXP has RDS and front grip

If I am playing somewhere which requires a light, a B&Q LED torch with a bit of electrical tape does the job.

Function. I'm well back with a good rifle, so I just need some good camo, a scope and something nice, tiny and fully auto for any close encounters. Sure, my Barret has a slightly larger scope than it really requires, but it would look odd to have a small one.

Archived