TM SOPMOD M4

Ammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

I was looking at removing the stock delta ring to install the G&P delta ring set in its place on my SOPMOD M4 so that the Magpul MOE grip can be installed without any issues (with the standard delta ring set it's too loose and was recommended the G&P set).

I have no idea how to remove the delta ring bits to install the G&P set and also am at a loss on how to go about removing the silver bar along the top too since I was told that will need to be removed to be able to allow the fitting of the G&P set. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Ammo.

Got that already as I had needed one to change the spring (and open the stock pipe). I think I managed to find the answer though. There was a screw under the delta ring that kept it in place which all I had needed to do was unscrew to take it all apart. Looking at a few videos online I managed to find out (strangely enough it was while I was looking at a guide on how to strip a real steal AR) that to remove the gas block/pipe I have to punch out the pins that hold the front sight in place. So I think I know how to do it now, lol.

Thank you though mate. :)

The worst part now is that I have no idea if I can be bothered to spend the money on the G&P Delta set just for the sake of having the MOE hand guard sit better on the rifle (there's slight only slight wobble at the moment cause it doesn't fit properly onto the delta ring but it seems stable enough) more so when I probably won't opt to use the MOE hand guard all the time. :-/ But at least if I decide to change the outer barrel to the carbine version I now know how to go about doing that. :)

Archived