Hot wires, locking...

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I have just bought:

Hurricane High Speed Gear set

and

SHS High torque motor

It is all ready to go but then when I go to shoot it, it works fine but the wires get very hot - it has a 20 and 25 amp fuse (tried both)

and then it suddenly locks up but then in about 1 minute it works again, I don't want to use it in this state, here are a few pictures (at the bottom) of various points.

Thanks in advanced

Albert

P.S. it is now locked up and wont unlock

post-1800-1317402918_thumb.jpg

post-1800-1317402941_thumb.jpg

Sounds like to me your getting a lot of resistance, you might want to get a DMM and check the resistance when pulling the trigger, this can be a pain to do but its always better the check. Also as you got the DMM out you might as well check he voltage and current (amp's) at the same time.

Also have you chrono'd it yet? Knowing the FPS could help. Another thing to check is what battery are you using? but check your motor isn't done up too tight (big flat head screw at the bottom of the pistol grip). And let me know the readings you get from the DMM and the rest of the info. ;)

Sounds like to me your getting a lot of resistance, you might want to get a DMM and check the resistance when pulling the trigger, this can be a pain to do but its always better the check. Also as you got the DMM out you might as well check he voltage and current (amp's) at the same time.

Also have you chrono'd it yet? Knowing the FPS could help. Another thing to check is what battery are you using? but check your motor isn't done up too tight (big flat head screw at the bottom of the pistol grip). And let me know the readings you get from the DMM and the rest of the info. ;)

320fps, 8.4v 1600 mAh, sorry, what is a DMM :/

Archived