unexpected FPS readings

Dan_uk86
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

u spend countless hours preping your gearbox... cleaning your barrels. getting everything perfect before the game day.

u get on site and find your fps are much lower than expected, or your gun decides to not work or your shooting over the limit

i want to hear your stories. your lowest / highest fps readings right before a game.

i own a SRC m4a1. many hours going into prepping it ready for the morning game. new TM rubber and nub just came. dying to test out the range on it.

i get to the site shoot my gun 3 times for readings.... which was 140 / 155 :blink:

thankfully as the day went on it got upto 250 - 280 but despite the low readings i was till shooting 30 meters.

i am happy to say it has gone through a major remodel and is now shooting 340 very consistantly so hoping this keeps up for sunday :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My g&p had a freak reading of 59 once :P but apart from that one its been ok.

My friends fa-mas sv on the other hand, shoots very consistanly. At 174-178 :lol:

looks like your winning with the lowest fps so far lol. u sure it was your gun? could of been a off crono?

i just got my gun cronod again about 2 hours ago now after installing a metal nozzle. at times it would read 24 fps or 19 fps but thats due to the bb not shooting straight or it was hitting of the wall of the crono.

i took my mp5 to urban last month and it was reading over 400 fps but i play at a f&o site regularly and it shoots a consistant 330 baffeled the hell outa me , good job my friend lent me his f2000 for the day else it would have been a pointless hour and a half drive :P

first 3 rounds of the day (i'm known at the local site, and i haven't changed the gun at all) they literally rolled out, took out the mag fired a couple of blanks, put it back in, firing fine, sometimes it did it again for no reason. i think my hop is on a bit high but it's just weird.

Got a reading of 0 and 90 on my G&G SA80 this one time, then the same day my JG M4 got a reading of 250 (was using .25's but it's still a bit low)

Oh, and there was that time I got a reading of 520FPS with my Tanaka M40 on a .30. I'd forgotten to re-dial the bolt for skirmishing, lol.

• Supporters

Little high there Cerbo. Were you trying to kill next door's cat or something?

No just their dog ;)

I love cats.

I keep my Tanaka's bolt open all the way when I'm not skirmishing it, just because of the insane range I get from it. It still needs tweaking though, I've been meaning to do it since I got the thing :/

• Supporters

Yay, someone else who prefers cats over dogs :).]

What range does it get with that FPS?

I haven't done any precise measurements, but it will easily hit a man sized target at 300 feet, previously it was only hitting 200 because my striker was worn but now I'm looking to change the hop rubber because the KA airseal isn't very good. Any suggestions? I'm looking at firefly and nineball soft rubbers

• Supporters

Awesome, now you just need to take it to Tennessee.. 620 FPS sniper limit.

I have no idea at all.. barely even know what to do for my AEG :L

And back on topic..

Got a whole 180 FPS from my sniper on .20s.. turns out they were just catching the end of the silencer as the hop was set for .40s.

Also I think I managed to break a site's chrono, don't think the marshal was holding it straight, and the BB hit one of the sensors inside.. then on, it didn't work..

i borrowed a mates sniper for my first game day also. didnt hit anyone due to only having .2s but god was it fun!

even though he had it before the ukara kicked in it was still shooting 460 consistantly. but having one that shoots 600+ and using it in a game and safely. well the smile on my face would pretty much say it all :rolleyes:

well being a GBBR, the power goes down the more you shoot it. so the first one was around 683FPS it then came down to about 677FPS and it averaged about 663FPS over 30rds. Needless to say a NPAS kit needed to be fitted, so we did that and it top FPS went to 522FPS and lowest was 200FPS(I think).

well being a GBBR, the power goes down the more you shoot it. so the first one was around 683FPS it then came down to about 677FPS and it averaged about 663FPS over 30rds. Needless to say a NPAS kit needed to be fitted, so we did that and it top FPS went to 522FPS and lowest was 200FPS(I think).

im still fairly new to GBB guns. got a m9 to play with but waiting on the propane adapter.

if we had better weather i would probs invest in a GBB m14. maybe if i win the lotto :lol:

I've seen the WE M14 EBR perform well in snow, so I doubt there's much need for a backup AEG ;)

But, If you really wanted one I'd say G&P > Systema.

You could spend the extra you save on upgrades, externals and have a vastly superior weapon... with a working charging handle! :D

i think ill just stick with my m4 for the time being :D be a shame to put so much work into getting it perfect only for it to lay there getting dusty xD

im only a fan of the m14 GBB due to daedalus on Scoutthedoggie youtube vids.

running with a big weapon like that and no doubt heavy. along with a m4 and 2 pistols. i take my hat off to him.

i was huffing and puffing running with the l96 and a mp5 (borrowed)

Archived